Eat Drink Talk Think!
BC Dining places a high priority on food sourced from producers who share our Jesuit values of integrity, care and respect. We foster a culture in which the interwoven benefits of growing, cooking and sharing food become an integral part of the University's community experience.
The University fosters working relationships with local growers, manufacturers and vendors who respect and promote ecologically sensitive agricultural practices, and food distributors who can trace their products to responsible sources.
Our Dining team is committed to continuing a business strategy based on high-quality food and service that focuses on the principles of long-term sustainable development that tie into our strong community support and respect for quality of life.
- We are a proud member of the Menus of Change University Research Collaborative.
- In the Fall we host a weekly farmer's market outside Corcoran Commons.
- We weigh, track and minimize our food waste back of house which is either repurposed, composted or donated to local food pantries.
- We encourage students to 'Choose Resuable' with our discounted reusable mug program and water fountains in every dining hall.
- Every dining hall has a composting bin for students to separate food and biodegradable waste.
- Our waste collector Save That Stuff turns food waste into energy at their facility in Charlestown, MA
- About 20% of our food purchases are regionally sourced, sustainable or socially responsible
BC DINING RECOGNIZED BY THE ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY
The EPA honored BC Dining for demonstrating a acommitment and success by improving sustainable food management practices.