Transfer Credit & Cross Registration

Cross-Registration Contacts:

Boston University

Rob Farrell
Registrar's Office
881 Commonwealth Avenue, 2nd floor
Boston, MA 02115

Pine Manor College

Dave Aalto
400 Heath Street
Chestnut Hill, MA 02167

Brandeis University

Carol Mauza
Registrar's Office
Kutz 124
Waltham MA, 02254

Regis College

Sr. Patricia McDonough
235 Wellesley Street, College Hall 207
Weston, MA 02193

Hebrew College

Kate Nachman
160 Herrick Road
Newton, MA 02459

Transfer Course Credit & Cross Registration

Pick up a summer course request form from the Dean's Office of the Morrissey College of Arts and Sciences, Gasson Hall 109. If you want communication credit, bring the form to the department's Director of Undergraduate Studies, Prof. Lindsay Hogan, St. Mary's Hall S453, for approval before registering for the course.

Courses must be taken at a four-year accredited college or university.

The Communication department only accepts communication(s) electives. The department will consider courses offered by Journalism, Mass Communication, or Rhetoric departments. You cannot transfer The Rhetorical Tradition, Survey of Mass Communication, Public Speaking, Interpersonal Communication, Communication Methods, theory classes, or writing intensive seminars from other institutions.

If you are not taking the course(s) at Boston College you must have a brief description of the course(s) from the catalog of the college or university you have chosen. 

If you are making-up a deficiency the grade will be averaged into your GPA provided your grade is C- or better.

If you are not making-up a deficiency the grade will not be averaged into your GPA, nor will it count as credits you need toward graduation.

Obtain a cross-registration form from the BC Student Services office. Have the course approved and the form signed by the Communication department's Director of Undergraduate Studies, Prof. Lindsay Hogan. Pick up the necessary forms from the Boston University Registrar's Office, 881 Commonwealth Avenue, second floor. These forms need to be signed by the instructor of the course. Submit the approved form to the Boston University Registrar's office for approval and official registration.

Students will not be billed by Boston University but will be given an assessment and should proceed to Student Accounting Services, 881 Commonwealth Avenue, fourth floor, to settle their account. Students will be charged by BC. An ID can be obtained from the Boston University Registrar's Office after the account has been settled.