Service and Immersion Trips
The VSLC collaborates with several University departments to provide support for service and immersion trips sponsored by Boston College. The links listed below include important resources for those planning to travel.
Forms and Information for Travel
- Boston College Student Travel Policy (PDF)
- Terms & Conditions of Participation for Employees (PDF)
- Terms & Conditions of Participation for Students (PDF)
- Group Emergency Contact Form (PDF)
- Trip Leader Checklist (PDF)
- U.S Department of State official website (Information & Travel Warnings)
- Center for Disease Control
Program leaders are required to send a roster of all students traveling with a university trip, along with contact details and travel dates, to the Dean of Students Office prior to departure.
Mandatory Medical Insurance
All university sponsored student service/immersion/academic trips that travel to international destinations are required to enroll participants in supplemental health insurance coverage provided by GeoBlue. Trip advisors should download and fill out the GeoBlue spreadsheet*, and then email the completed form to Risk Management. An invoice will be provided to sponsoring departments for this coverage.
*Please note that all of the orange columns must be completed and the format of the spreadsheet cannot be changed. For any questions, please contact Risk Management.