Your First Year
Try to imagine what your first semester of college is like. Just a short summer removed from high school, you arrive on campus elated, yet scared; exhilarated, but a bit unsure of yourself. Like many of your classmates you wonder:
- Will I make friends easily?
- Can I do the work?
- Will I find opportunities to be involved?
To help you negotiate this important crossroad, Boston College has established 48hours as a first-year enhancement program. Every year, almost 1,000 first-year students participate in a 48hours weekend. Their overwhelming assessment is that it gives them a realistic and candid look at both the possibilities and challenges that Boston College poses for its newest members.
As a 48hours participant, you will hear senior and junior student leaders speak personally about their own college experiences, focusing particularly on their first-year ups and downs. You will also have a chance to discuss important issues such as:
- How do I deal with unexpected social pressures that come my way?
- What kinds of friends and relationships do I want at college?
- How do I succeed in the classroom?
48hours will offer you opportunities to:
- Reflect on your college experience
- Determine new ways to maximize your college experience
- Meet new friends and mentors
- Relax and have fun away from campus
Where is 48Hours held?
48hours is held at an off-campus location full of New England charm. You will be with 100 of your classmates from both Newton and Upper campuses.