Skip to main content

Secondary navigation:


disability services office

On-Campus Resources

Academic Deans
Students with disabilities are entitled to receive accommodations for their academic program based on documentation submitted to the Disability Services Office. With a student's permission the Assistant Dean for Students with Disabilities works closely with the academic deans and faculty to ensure the provision of accommodations, and it is suggested that students inform their academic dean of their needs throughout their undergraduate and/or graduate experience.

The University runs two shuttle routes: one around campus and to Cleveland Circle, and the other to the Newton Campus where freshman residential halls, the Law School, and various athletic fields are located. Shuttle buses are wheelchair accessible.

Connors Family Learning Center
The Connors Family Learning Center, located on the second floor of O'Neill Library, provides special services and support for students with learning disabilities and ADHD and for faculty and administrators who teach or advise students with learning disabilities. The center also offers tutoring services. For more information, contact Kathy Duggan at 617-552-8093 or

Counseling Services
University Counseling Services (UCS) has on-campus offices in Gasson 108 (617-552-3310), Fulton 254 (617-552-3927), and Campion 301 (617-552-4210). Students interested in a consultation or a meeting with a counselor may request an appointment. The office is generally open daily from 8:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. (check website for hours, which are subject to change) in addition to a psychologist on call 24 hours a day. Students who need to contact UCS after regular hours should call 617-552-3227, the Primary Care Center in Cushing Hall, and ask to speak to the psychologist on call.

Eagle Transportation Van Service (Boston College Police Department)
Students must first contact Health Services in Cushing Hall  (617-552-3225) or the Disability Services Office in Maloney Hall 212 (617-552-3470) and ask to be added to the medical transport list for Eagle Transportation. After this step has been completed, students should contact Eagle Transportation through the Boston College Police Department to request transport. Students with a medical or temporary disability can be picked up and dropped off on Middle Campus once a day and are permitted to go to Health Services between classes rather than returning to the residence hall if they need to rest or take a break between classes.

GRE Exam Resources
For information on GRE test preparation courses and resources at Boston College, see the Continuing Education Program website.

Health Services
The University Health Services Primary Care Center provides treatment to students for minor illnesses and injuries and also serves as a liaison with community doctors and hospitals when indicated. The center is located in the basement of Cushing Hall on Middle Campus and is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (check website for hours, which are subject to change). On weekday evenings and on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays, care is provided by the nurse on duty at the Inpatient Unit, also located in Cushing Hall.

Learning Resources for Student-Athletes
Learning Resources for Student-Athletes provides academic and personal support services to varsity student-athletes.

Learning to Learn
Learning to Learn assists first generation, financially disadvantaged, and academically challenged college students with an array of services that will allow them to successfully matriculate through Boston College.

Murray Graduate Student Center
The Murray Graduate Student Center is located on 292 Hammond Street and is generally open Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (check website for hours, which are subject to change). The center exists to build community among graduate students, faculty, and administration as well as to provide resource information to graduate students. Function space on the first floor includes a dining room, kitchen, living room, and game room with a pool table and ping pong. There is an accessible computer, printer, and restroom on the first floor. The DVD Library has over 300 movies that can be borrowed free of charge by graduate students with a BC ID.

Parking Permits
Students with a documented disability may apply for a parking permit through the Office of Transportation ( Click on the icon for forms on the left; the application must be completed by both the student as well as an appropriate medical professional, and should be returned to the Office of Transportation for evaluation. Incomplete forms will be returned, resulting in a delay in reaching a decision. The Office of Transportation, in conjunction with the Disability Services Office, grants permits appropriate to each student's needs.

Residential Life
Students with disabilities who would like to file a medical appeal for university housing should go to the Agora Portal, "My ResLife," and fill out an appeal. Housing appeals must be submitted prior to the housing lottery, and students are notified once the appeal and documentation are reviewed. Students who need accessible housing, Braille signage, or assistive technology for hearing impairments should contact the Office of Residential Life upon acceptance to Boston College to ensure that accommodations are in place for the beginning of the academic year.

Tutoring Services
The Connors Family Learning Center, located on the second floor of O'Neill Library, offers tutoring services in over 60 subjects, including all of the University Core Curriculum classes. Please contact the center for additional information and to schedule an appointment.

Library Services
The Library's Accessibility Page provides resource information on the services available for patrons requiring accommodation.

CART Services

    Partners Interpreting
    Sam Gosson, Client Service Specialist
    60 Man Mar Dr., Suite 5, Plainville MA 02762

    ONE Interpreting

    Cart by Jonathan
    781-642-0808 or 617-686-2839

    Deaf Services Unlimited

Web Problem Report Form
Use this form to report any web pages with usability issues. The form can also be reached by clicking "Feedback" at the bottom right of every standard BC web page.

Off-Campus Resources

Massachusetts Commission for the Blind

Massachusetts Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing