The student conduct process works to facilitate student growth by educating and fostering the civility, communality, and social decorum required of an educational institution.
(NEASC 5 Year Report)
Students who have participated in the Student Conduct System at Boston College will:
- Know how individual behavior impacts the larger community.
- Know the consequences of their behavior.
- Understand that sanctions will be more severe in the future for similar decisions.
- Understand that future policy violations may impact future goals and campus participation (ie. Study Abroad, employment opportunities such as RA or OLpositions, law school and medical school applications, etc.).
- Understand how decision making prior to the incident could have improved the outcome of the incident and will integrate this understanding into their futurebehavior.
- Recognize the importance of and be able to identify a campus resource or support person to assist them in the future.