Founded in 1995, CIHE promotes the belief that an international perspective is needed to foster enlightened policies and practices in higher education. All of the work that we do, in the domains of research, publication, education and advisory services, is guided by our commitments.
Rigorous and ethical research and thoughtful, informed analysis
Conducting all of our activities in collaboration with others around the globe and to elevating local perspectives on all of the issues we analyze
Open access publication, translation into other languages and clear and accessible prose
Issues of social justice and, as such, we seek to acknowledge and—when possible—explicitly address global higher education inequalities through our work
Maintaining a strong focus on less-resourced and less-powerful global contexts and to promoting critical perspectives through our scholarship
Supporting the development of the next generation of international higher education scholars
Partners related to International Higher Education & associated publications
International Higher Education is published by DUZ Academic Publishers in Germany.
International Higher Education is translated into Spanish, Portuguese, and Vietnamese. These translations are completed by CIHE's translation partners:
- the Pontifical Catholic University’s Center for Research on Educational Policy and Practice (CEPPE) in Chile
- SEMESP in Brazil
- FPT University in Vietnam
A number of associated publications are also published by CIHE partners:
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University’s Graduate School of Education in China publishes the Journal of International Higher Education
- The Qatar Foundation publishes Higher Taleem
- The Universidad del Norte (Colombia) publishes The Journal of Higher Education in Latin America (ESAL)
- The International Journal of African Higher Education (IJAHE) is published by the International Network for Higher Education in Africa.
Each year, CIHE partners with World Education Services (WES) to run the WES-CIHE Summer Institute, an annual conference aimed at graduate students and other young professionals.
CIHE enjoys a close partnership with the International Association of Universities. Through this partnership, we organize joint webinars, collaborate on research projects and work together to disseminate publications.