The Boston Marathon is on Monday, April 17. Join campus partners including Student Affairs, UGBC, and CAB for a full day of programming to celebrate and cheer for all the runners at the Mile 21 mark!
Mile 21 Events | Monday, April 17
Event information is subject to change.
Mile 21 Breakfast Concert Kick off | 7:30 a.m.–9:30 a.m.
Location: Lower Campus (Maloney Lawn)
Join CAB pre concert for breakfast with mini golf, an inflatable obstacle course, lawn games, and a photo booth!
Yoga Class | 8:00 a.m. | Sponsored by BC Recreation
Location: Baldwin's Backyard (The grass space between the MCRC and Pine Tree Preserve)
Going to be up early on Marathon Monday? Want to get a great stretch in? Join us at 8:00am at Baldwin's Backyard (The grass space between the MCRC and Pine Tree Preserve) for a morning yoga class.
Fastest Eagle Competition | 8:30 a.m.
Location: Maloney Lawn
Are you quick enough to be Crowned BC's Fastest Eagle? Each BC student who would like to participate will have one chance to be timed in the 50 yard dash (Eagle ID required for participation)! The winner will be recognized on stage at the concert, receive an individual Eagle Trophy and New Balance Gift Card, and be the first person to have their name engraved on the trophy for years to come!
HIIT Class | 9:00 a.m.–10:00 a.m. | Sponsored by BC Recreation
Location: Baldwins Backyard (The grass space between the MCRC and Pine Tree Preserve)
Want to get a great work out in, but don't want to run 26.2 miles? Well then come join us at 9:00am at Baldwin's Backyard (The grass space between the MCRC and Pine Tree Preserve) for a HIIT Class (High intensity interval training). This class will have sequences with explosive cardio and strength moves, to keep you moving, motivated, and sweaty. After the class you might feel like you ran 26.2 miles, but you will be able to to walk on Tuesday!
Mile 21 Headline Concert featuring Flo Rida | 10:00 a.m.–11:00 a.m. | Concert gates open at 8:30 a.m. | Concert is for BC Students Only
Location: Mod Parking Lot
Food Trucks and Field Day | 11:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
Location: Campanella Way/Robsham Theater Arts Center Lawn
The Division of Student Affairs and Department of Athletics are teaming up to bring you a Field Day with free food from several food trucks. The Field Day will consist of lawn games, DJ music and adirondack chairs. The Food Trucks will be featuring free food for the first 500-600 servings per truck beginning after the concert. Food will be available for purchase with cash or credit card after the free servings have been claimed.
Mile 21 Cheering Section | 11:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
Location: Commonwealth Avenue/Main gate through St. Ignatius
The heart of Patriots Day is cheering on the runners as they cross mile 21 and head down Commonwealth Avenue. Join UGBC and your peers to show your Eagle spirit to the 30,000 marathoners as they hit the home stretch of the race. Giveaways including t-shirts, bucket hats, cow bells, thunderstix, hand clappers, rally towels, and more will be handed out. And don’t forget to make a sign or grab a fat head of the BC runners and get loud as they pass by! Join us from Linden Lane to St. Ignatius Church.
Boston Red Sox game at Fenway Park
At a deeply discounted price, tickets will be available to attend the Boston Red Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels game including bus transportation at $5 . Buses will leave campus at 10:00 a.m. for the 11:10 a.m. start. Tickets are limited.
Important Reminders for the Concert
- Take a screenshot of your ticket to have on hand in case your phone has issues connecting with the wifi and is unable to pull up your virtual ticket.
- You MUST bring your BC ID
- NO Bags of any kind
- Gates open for the concert at 8:30 am - make sure you have your ticket (or a screenshot of your ticket) as well as your BC ID
- There is no re-entry into the concert
- Mod residents and those already in mods should enter the concert from the mod entrance between 15-16.
- All others should enter the concert from Maloney Lawn. Lower campus residence halls should not try to enter at mod entrance or between mods/Corcoran commons.
- All students will exit the concert from Campanella Way by the Commonwealth Ave garage. There is no concert exit back directly into the mods.
Important Reminders for Mile 21 (General)
- You MUST bring your BC ID.
- We will have food options as well as hydration stations throughout the day!
- Stay hydrated and make sure you eat!
- Remember to be good citizens on and off campus! It's important to think about your behavior and the impact you have on others throughout the day!
- Review Boston Athletic Association's list of allowable and prohibited items, as well as spectator information.
- NO Bags of any kind will be permitted in or near the marathon course.
- Review the Office of the Dean of Students policy email.
Shuttle Buses from Newton
On Marathon Monday we encourage you to take the 7:00 am, 7:15 am, or 7:30 am shuttle from the Newton Campus Stuart stop.
Boston College bus service will not run on Monday morning, April 17 for the exception of limited service which will bring students from Newton to main campus for Monday's programming (check the transportation website and communications from Residential Life for additional details). Buses will resume service in the late afternoon hours at the discretion of local law enforcement.
The Newton-Main Campus shuttle will run several times after 8:00 am; however, due to the road closure, students should expect a ride of 45-60 minutes to get to campus. Therefore, your best bet for a quick and easy ride to campus is to take one of the early shuttles.