All students are encouraged to participate in a study-abroad program, preferably during their junior year. Up to three courses taken abroad and focusing on the student's study may be transferred for credit toward the minor.
Boston College university-based exchange programs:
- Al Akhawayn University in Morocco
- Boğaziçi University in Istanbul, Turkey
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- School for Oriental and African Studies in London
Boston College also offers several summer opportunities in the region:
- Kuwait City, Kuwait: Politics and Oil (Professors Kathleen Bailey)
- Turkey at the Crossroads: Politics, Religion, and the State (Professor Owens)
Please contact the Office of International Programs to learn about the above opportunities.
In addition, students can make arrangements to study elsewhere in the Islamic World. There are several study-abroad programs that do not have official partnerships with Boston College but are approved by the ICS program. Please consult with Kathleen Bailey, the Associate Director, for further information.