High Impact Summer Internships
Corcoran summer interns take on projects that have real impact in our community.
Students are assigned a 10 week placement at a high-impact government, nonprofit, or mission-driven organization in Boston.
Students attend high-impact professional skills workshops at Boston College throughout the summer.
Students are assigned a mentor from their organization, and receive ongoing support and mentoring from the Corcoran Center as well.
The summer concludes with a reception in downtown Boston where interns share their summer work with the community.
Current undergraduate first-years, sophomores, and juniors are eligible to apply. Successful applicants will demonstrate interest in social justice, community development, or neighborhood revitalization.
The Cocoran Center summer internship is a highly completive program. Students should utilize the Career Center's resources for preparing a strong application, and should attend information sessions to learn more before applying.
- The Program accepts applications in two rounds, fall and spring.
- Summer 2021 applications have closed.
- Summer 2021 Internships will follow all/any relevant public health guidelines in effect at program runs.
- Whether internships are remote or in person will be determined based on public health guidelines during summer 2021.
- The Summer 2020 program ran successfully with a full cohort of interns working and engaging in classroom content remotely.
- A resume and cover letter are required to apply.
- Applications are only accepted via Handshake, accessible through the BC Career Center page.
- Selected applicants will be invited to interview.
- The Program runs from June until August.
- Placement sites vary each summer, review previous interns experiences below to learn more about the types of organiztions we partner with.
Previous Summer Interns
Visit Handshake to View Other Internship & Professional Opportunities
Handshake is maintained by the Boston College Career Center.