Photos and Yearbook
Visit the Legacy Studios website to sign up for senior portraits. Portraits will be taken starting October 30 and ending February 23. There is no cost to sit for portraits. We only open one week of portrait appointments at a time to ensure that they fill up, so right now students are only able to sign up for portraits from October 30 to November 3. We ask that female students come dressed in business casual attire and male students wear a shirt, tie, and jacket. There will be a standard cap and gown provided for grad shots.
Purchasing the Sub Turri Yearbook
The 2024 Sub Turri Yearbook is now available for purchase. The book will be priced at $115 until December 29, and then we will raise the price to $125. We also have personalization available until January 26, 2024. Books will be distributed to students on campus during Senior Week.
Senior Week Activities
Senior Week is a springtime rite of passage on the Heights. The week offers seniors a special opportunity to commemorate their time together and celebrate their status as rising alumni. Senior Week activities are scheduled for week between final exams and Commencement Monday. These events are planned by the Senior Week Student Committee under the direction of the Office of Student Involvement (OSI).
For up-to-date information about Senior Week activities, please visit the Senior Week website.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dean of Students Advisory
The Office of the Dean of Students (DOS) reminds seniors that the University's Community Standards prevail throughout this period. As members of the Boston College community, students are expected to respect and adhere to all University policies throughout Senior Week. It is important to note that violations of University policy that occur during Senior Week may result in disciplinary action that could jeopardize one's status at Boston College.
Graduation Clearance Process
Students should visit the Student Services website and contact Student Services regarding information on graduation clearance.
Academic honors printed in the Commencement program are based on grade averages. The cumulative average for degrees with honors will be as follows:
- summa cum laude (with the highest honors)—3.9–4.0
- magna cum laude (with high honors)—3.8–3.899
- cum laude (with honors)—3.667–3.799
Graduates names are listed in the Commencement Program if they completed degree requirements by the end of the second semester of the 2023–2024 academic year or if their degree was awarded since last May. If a graduate’s name is not in the program, he/she may call the Office of Student Services and speak with his/her Assistant Registrar.
Academic honors are not calculated for graduate students except for law. Law students’ Latin honors are calculated as follows: Summa Cum Laude is awarded to the top 2% of the class. Magna Cum Laude is awarded to the top 10% of the class. Cum Laude is awarded to students graduating in the upper third of the class. Honors will be noted on the student’s diploma.
Residence Hall Closings
All graduating residents are required to check out and vacate their rooms by 8:00 p.m. on Monday, May 20, 2024. Visit bc.edu/closing for more information.
The Boston College Alumni Association is located in the Cadigan Alumni Center on the Brighton Campus, 2121 Commonwealth Avenue, Brighton, MA 02135. You may reach the Alumni Association by phone at (800) 669-8430 or (617) 552-4700 or at email@example.com.
Message to the Class of 2024
When you graduate from Boston College, you join over 180,000 Boston College alumni worldwide! As members of the Class of 2024, you now have available a variety of opportunities and benefits designed to keep you connected to Boston College for a lifetime. Here are just a few:
- Affinity Programs: A pathway for alumni to engage with BC in a meaningful way via affinity with a specific area of interest, be it academic, cultural, professional, social, or spiritual. A few of our most active Affinity Councils include: the AHANA Alumni Advisory Council, the Council for Women of Boston College, the Real Estate Council, the East and West Coast Tech and Entrepreneurship Councils, the Wall Street Council, and the Woods College of Advancing Studies Alumni Council.
- Career Services: Join the online community for access to the online career network and other valuable services. Register today at bc.edu/alumni.
- Class-Based Programming: Don’t wait until your fifth reunion to see your classmates again. Every class has a committee of volunteers who plan and organize events and programs throughout every year leading up to and including reunion. Our GOLD (Graduates Of the Last Decade) programming offers many social and career-related activities designed specifically for YOU our newest alumni!
- Chapters: A growing network of more than 50 chapters across the United States and Puerto Rico and nearly 20 international chapters around the world including Colombia, France, Great Britain, Ireland, Panama, Spain, the Philippines, South Korea, and China keep alumni connected to Boston College in every corner of the world. Chapters organize annual activities such as service projects, spiritual retreats, social and networking gatherings, as well as athletic and arts events and play a vital role in keeping alumni informed about and engaged with their alma mater. To find a chapter near you, visit bc.edu/alumni/association/chapters.html.
- Communications: As a graduate you will now automatically receive the Boston College Magazine, which features interesting stories, BC news, and class notes. You will also receive our monthly e-newsletter, Alumni Connections, filled with upcoming programs and activities and ways for you to become involved as a volunteer, and weekly you will receive an email with events happening in your geographic area. Please be sure to stay in touch by becoming a member of the online community. Here you can update your address, look up friends, and participate in chats and bulletin board features. Visit the Alumni Association website at bc.edu/alumni. We are also all over social media, so check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more!
Now that you have graduated you can be assured that your Boston College journey will continue for a lifetime as a proud alumnus/a. Congratulations 2024!