Jerome Lyle Rappaport Distinguished Visiting Professors in Law and Public Policy
The Jerome Lyle Rappaport Distinguished Visiting Professors in Law and Public Policy are a diverse group of public sector luminaries who spend a semester at Boston College Law School teaching a seminar on public policy, delivering a community address, and meeting with students, faculty, and members of the BC and Rappaport Center communities. Appointed for the breadth of their public sector experience, the Visiting Professors have included:
- Martin O'Malley, former Governor of Maryland, Mayor of Baltimore, and U.S. presidential candidate
- Carmen Ortiz, former U.S. Attorney for the District of Massachusetts
- Hon. Geraldine S. Hines, former Associate Justice of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court
- Robert J. Cordy, former Associate Justice of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court
- Dannel P. Malloy, former Governor of Connecticut and Chancellor of the University of Maine system
- Jane Swift, former Governor of Massachusetts and President and Executive Director of LearnLaunch, Inc.
- Richard Cordray, former Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and Chief Operating Officer of Federal Student Aid at the U.S. Department of Education
- Doug Jones, former U.S. Senator of Alabama and U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Alabama from 1997-2001 and was appointed by President Biden to lead the nomination process for the Supreme Court Justice nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson
- Jeffery Robinson, CEO, The Who We Are Project
Senior Fellows in Residence
Senior Fellows in Residence at the Rappaport Center for Law and Public Policy are professionals in various disciplines who are deeply engaged at the highest level of research and practice regarding current issues of law and public policy. They may come from government, the judiciary, academia, or the nonprofit sector.
The Senior Fellows will be in residence for three days at Boston College Law School. During their residency, Senior Fellows will deliver a Community Address, participate in a Rappaport Center program, and engage with the BC and Rappaport communities.
AY 2022-2023 Senior Fellows in Residence
AY 2021-2022 Senior Fellows in Residence
AY 2020-2021 Senior Fellows in Residence
AY 2019-2020 Senior Fellows in Residence
- Brittny Saunders, Deputy Commissioner for Strategic Initiatives at the New York City Human Rights Commission and former interim counsel for Mayor Bill de Blasio (September 23-27, 2019)
- Zephyr Teachout, Law Professor, author, activist, and a former candidate for New York Attorney General and Governor (October 28-November 1, 2019)
- Lance Freeman, Professor in the Urban Planning program at the Columbia University Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation (November 11-15, 2019)