IR&P provides in-house consulting services to department, division, and school leadership teams who are considering a range of strategic, planning and organizational activities.
Strategy Development & Implementation
Collaboration with leaders to develop strategic & operational plans that include clearly defined goals, initiatives, and action plans to achieve strategic initiatives.
- Clarifies purpose (mission), focus, and identification of the top priorities of the organization
- Enables a clear understanding of the health of the organization by assessing where you are and the distance between where you are and where you aspire to be (vision)
- Creates a plan of action that aligns and mobilizes the BC community to accomplish its goals and objectives (an implementation plan), distributes responsibility, and assigns accountability.
- STM Strategic Plan
- Core 2.0 Plan
- Strategic operating plan for the opening of the Margot Connell Recreation Center
- 1-day planning retreats, e.g., Woods College of Advancing Studies, BC Law, & Computer Science Faculty
Assist leaders in organizing & analyzing data to improve programs/operations by developing strategic insights & intelligence to advance operations. (i.e., Administrative Program Review)
- Enables leaders to make informed decisions about strategic priorities and/or to evaluate the viability of new initiatives
- Identifies strengths and leading practices that can be expanded/developed to improve processes, structures, skills, revenue generation, or cost reductions.
- Pinpoints opportunities for improvement and root causes of challenges
- Evaluates new business opportunities, understanding the pros and cons of new initiatives as well as the opportunity and operational revenue/cost estimates
- Employs a variety of analytic techniques ranging from formal process reviews to design thinking
- Administrative Program Reviews of Office of International Students and Scholars, Office of Graduate Student Life, Office of Health Promotion
- Alcohol Business case for Alumni Stadium
- International Travel Registry analysis/recommendations
Engage key stakeholders to understand existing processes and identify pain points to make improvements, generate revenue, and/or reduce costs.
- Assists leaders in systematically analyzing process breakdowns and developing better, more efficient, and/or less costly operations.
- Provides a vehicle for productive communications between stakeholders to drive towards common goals.
- Assists leadership in making informed business decisions.
- Optimized Summer Operations for Facilities Services, Residential Life and Event Management
- Revised Protection of Minors process/policies
- Mapped complex online program development processes
- Facilitated key stakeholders’ review and recommended improvements to the University’s policies and procedures around its Contract Management lifecycle processes
Provide project management support for the EVP or cross-functional teams to enable teams to plan and continue to make progress against planned initiatives.
- Enables projects to be delivered in scope, on time, and on budget.
- Increases the capability and capacity of the BC Community to successfully lead and execute projects.
- Brings together cross-functional teams to evaluate an initiative and make informed recommendations to senior leadership
- Fall 2020 Re-opening space reviews/modifications
- BC Veterans Advisory Group liaison
- New student formation spaces
- BCSSW enrollment management planning support