boston college career center
The best way to prepare for job or internship interviews is to practice your interviewing skills. Through practice, students will develop their verbal and non-verbal communication skills and gain experience communicating their academic and prior work, volunteer, and extra-curricular experiences to the positions for which they are interviewing. Students will also learn to convey their interest for the position and field.
Steps for practicing your interview skills
- Check our practice interview summary (pdf) to review the skills that will be assessed during your interviews.
- Attend an interview workshop.
- Review our Interview Skills pages before your practice interview.
- Schedule an in-person or Skype appointment to practice your interview skills with a Career Coach.
- Sign up for an account on My Interview Practice using your BC email address to practice interview questions on your own.
- Dress and prepare for your practice interview session as if it were a real interview.
Questions about practice interviews?