Build Your Recruitment Roadmap
We are here to help you build your campus recruitment roadmap to discover Boston College talent. To get started, you simply need to create an account on Handshake, our online career management platform, to access our recruiting services. We invite you to browse the number of ways for you to recruit and connect with talent at Boston College below.
If you have questions, please contact a member of our team to discuss the best recruiting opportunities to meet your talent needs.
Ways to Participate
The Career Center plans to host a combination of virtual, hybrid, and on-campus events for the 2021-2022 academic year. In light of the ongoing COVID-19 protocols, our goal is to conduct recruiting in the safest and most effective way possible. While we are currently accepting interview requests via Handshake, we do not anticipate any on-campus activity until at least October 2021 but it is more likely that in person recruitment activities will not take place until the spring 2022 semester.
We invite you to post jobs and internships for Boston College students and alumni on Handshake, our online career management platform. Prior to posting, you must register in Handshake.
- If you are seeking current students for part-time volunteer opportunities, contact the Boston College Volunteer and Service Learning Center.
- If you are seeking professional school candidates, contact the Boston College Law School, the Carroll School of Management Graduate Programs, and the School of Social Work to post on their job boards.
- If you are seeking experienced hires, our Handshake job board is available to alumni within five years of graduation.
Hosting a recruiting event can be an important part of your organization’s recruiting strategy. Our team is available to help you arrange an information session or recruiting event to inform students about your industry, organization, career paths, and organization’s culture. You can request a recruiting event through your Handshake account.
Types of Events:
We partner with employers to facilitate the following types of on-campus events:
- Employer On-site
- Group Appointment
- Info Session
If your organization is hosting an off-campus or virtual event, please add it to Handshake.
Recruiting Events Schedule
Monday, August 30, 2021
Fall 2021 Classes Begin
Wednesday, September 1, 2021
Information Sessions and Recruiting Events Begin
The Boston College Campus Recruiting Program offers employers the opportunity to schedule interviews with Boston College students. Through Handshake, you can request interview dates and manage your interview schedule(s). As a participant in the program, you’ll have digital access to student resumes in advance of the campus interview date so you can select the candidates you would like to meet. We will coordinate your interview schedule and publicize your job and/or internship positions.
To Get Started:
From your Handshake homepage, select Request an Interview. Complete each of the required fields on the form to submit your request.
Advantages of Campus Recruiting:
- Increased visibility of your organization, opportunities, and deadlines
- Scheduling expertise for both in-person and virtual interviewing
- On-site facilities with complimentary refreshments, lunch, and secure Wifi
NOTE: While we are currently accepting interview requests via Handshake, we do not anticipate any on-campus activity until at least October 2021 but it is more likely that in person recruitment activities will not take place until the spring 2022 semester.
Campus Interview Schedule
Monday, September 20, 2021:
Virtual Campus Interviews Begin
We are willing to be flexible with the above date to accomodate your recruitment timeline.
The Boston College Career Center hosts large career and internship fairs as well as smaller industry-specific fairs throughout the year to connect Boston College students with employers. Similarly to our fairs last year, we will be utilizing Handshake to host our Fall Fairs. Throughout the fair, employers can host 30 group sessions and conduct 10 minutes 1-on-1 video conversations with students.
Upcoming Career and Internship Fairs:
- Virtual Fall Career and Internship Fair
Thursday, September 23, 2021, 1:00–5:00 p.m. EST
Annual Career and Internship Fairs:
- Fall Career and Internship Fair, September
- Spring Career and Internship Fair, January/February
- Health and Sciences Fair, February
- Startup and Entrepreneurship Fair, Februray
- Social Services Recruitment Fair, April