In 2018, the ITS Web Team sent out a survey to www2 users, explaining the need to replace www2 with technology that meets updated ITS security requirements, and makes web content development faster and easier. After reviewing the feedback from the survey, and assessing the options, the following platforms have been selected to replace the BC Personal Web Server:
- Google Sites - ideal for simpler websites and very easy to use. Takes advantage of BC Google Suite.
- CampusPress - (WordPress for Edu) intended for more complex websites; uses a number of different themes and plugins.
Due to security concerns, we shut off user access to www2 sites on December 6, 2019. The www2 site itself will remain online for the near future.
WHAT TO EXPECT IF YOU MIGRATE YOUR WWW2 SITE
- At no time will your site be down or unavailable to the public.
- ITS Web Support staff are available to assist with moving the content of each www2.bc.edu site to the agreed upon platform.
- Your site will have a new URL, and your old www2 site URL will redirect to this new site URL.
- For Google sites, the new URL will be http://sites.google.com/bc.edu/your-name
- For Campus Press sites, the new URL will be http://sites.bc.edu/your-name
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Web Support at email@example.com