Career Education Programming
boston college career center
We invite employers, alumni, and industry professionals to assist us with our career education programming. All of these programs fall into the Career Center’s three-step model—Explore, Prepare, Act. Learn more about the ways your organization can get involved below.
Job Shadow Program
Boston College’s Job Shadow Program matches undergraduates with employers, alumni, parents and friends of BC for short-term job shadowing and mentoring experiences.
Typically a one-day experience, a Job Shadow is an opportunity for students to gain an understanding of what a particular job entails, observe daily operations, and make connections. For Job Shadow hosts, this can serve as an excellent opportunity to market your organization and develop greater connections with the BC community. Many BC students in recent years have been considered for internship and job offers as a result of participating in a Job Shadow.
Treks are a short-term opportunity for students to explore what it means to work for a specific organization. As an employer, during a Career Trek, you can expect to:
- Host students for approximately two hours, and potentially provide lunch and/or refreshments depending on the time of the event.
- Provide a tour of your office/space.
- Provide an overview of how the organization functions, accomplishes its goals, and describe the organizational professional culture.
- Share out about current trends in the professional scope of your organization.
- Discuss different roles and potential career paths within the organization, and some of the expected skills, knowledge, and preparation for careers in the organization and the industry.
Interested in participating in our programming? Please contact us at email@example.com.
An opportunity for employers and alumni to meet one-on-one with students and offer resume critiques, practice interviews, and general career advice.
Participating students learn about industries and careers paths and receive individualized career development advice. Industry Chats are scheduled for campus visits in the Career Center throughout the academic year.