The pre-arrival section contains all of the information you need to know before you leave your home country, while the post-arrival section contains information you will find helpful once you arrive on campus.
CHECK-IN WITH OISS
International Student Check-In is a federally mandated process that requires new incoming students & scholars to report to Office of International Students and Scholars Services (OISS) and have their immigration documents reviewed. Check-In should be completed AFTER your arrival to the United States.
Step 1: Complete the applicable online check-in form below and upload the required immigration documents as soon as possible after arrival.
Step 2: Report to the OISS at the Thea Bowman House at 72 College Rd no later than Friday, September 10th.
- The OISS is open for walk-ins M-F starting Monday August 16th from 9-5.
- The week of August 9th: Open for walk-ins on Tuesday and Thursday only August 24th and 25th:
- The office will be closed for orientation
- Bring your passport
- We kindly ask that you wear a face mask for check-in.
- Please do not arrive in large groups due to limited capacity in our office.
- Must be registered for classes full time no LATER than the DROP/ADD deadline on Wednesday, September 8th.
- If you are a graduate student with a graduate assistantship and need to apply for a Social Security Number, our office will contact you regarding the application procedures.