Get information on a variety of topics related to maintaining your status in the U.S. and access OISS-specific forms and forms for the Federal government.
For all of the forms please read the instructions, download the form, and bring it to The Hovey House on 258 Hammond St. (or email to firstname.lastname@example.org) along with the required supporting documentation.
- PRE Completion OPT Application Form. Read the enclosed instructions and use this form to apply for PRE-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT). PRE-Completion OPT is work done PRIOR to your completion of studies.
- Post OPT Application Form. Read the enclosed instructions and use this form to apply for POST-completion Optional Practical Training. POST-OPT is work done in your field of study AFTER you have completed your studies.
- STEM Post OPT Application Form. Read the enclosed instructions and use this form to apply for STEM OPT Extension.
- CPT Application Form. Read the enclosed instructions and use this form OISS form to apply for Curricular Practical Training.
- Certification of F-1 Student On-Campus Employment for Social Security Number Application. Boston College Official use only. BC offices hiring international students must complete this form form on department letterhead in order for international students to apply for a Social Security Number. If you have any questions concerning this form please contact us at 617-552-8005 or email@example.com.
- Required Post-OPT & STEM OPT Employer and Address Reporting Form. During your POST-completion OPT period all students on OPT are required by law to report their address and employment information to the OISS within 10 days of any change. Failure to report an employer (or your departure or change of status) within 90 days of your OPT approved start date will result in termination of your F-1 status!
- I-765 work application. Complete this form to apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT) or J-2 Work Permission. Students applying for Optional Practical Training will hand in this completed form with the appropriate OISS OPT application to the OISS. The OISS has created a sample I-765 form to guide you in completing the form.
- I-94 Form Retrieval. Use this website to print your I-94 arrival record. This record proves your legal entry into the U.S. You will need this for government applications. We also recommmend keeping a printed or electronic copy with you when traveing within the U.S.
- DS-160 Visa Application. Complete this form to apply for a new U.S. visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate Abroad.