Traditional Move-In Timeline
First-Year International Move-In:
Monday, August 23
Wednesday, August 25 &
Thursday, August 26
Upperclass and Transfer Move-In:
Friday, August 27 &
Saturday, August 28
Late Arrivals Move-In:
BC continues to plan for the August 30 start of classes. While there are still logistical details to be worked out over the coming weeks based on updated guidelines related to COVID-19, we write to provide the residential move-in timeline for August.
- Move-in procedures will include an initial COVID-19 test at BC, which will be required for all students, faculty, and staff who plan to be on-campus during the first semester.
- In an effort to space out move-in arrivals, ALL students will need to sign-up for a move-in appointment time for their residence hall.
- Students arriving outside of their appointment time may not be able to check-in/move-in until the next available time (which may be the next day). During the move-in period, students will only be permitted to have one guest (who must be masked) enter the building with them to help with the move-in process. This requirement is intended to limit the number of people in the residence hall stairwells, elevators, and hallways. An email will be sent with further information on appointments and move-in logistics later this month.
- As stated in the email sent by Dr. Doug Comeau, all students are asked to upload their vaccine card information to the UHS portal by August 1, and must be fully vaccinated by August 23 (or prior to move-in for those living on campus if earlier than the 23rd).
- Please note that any student who is not fully vaccinated and has not uploaded their proof of vaccination by these deadlines will not be allowed to move into the residence halls, and is in jeopardy of having their housing placement canceled for the fall semester.
All residential international students will receive a separate email with specific details regarding vaccinations and moving into on-campus housing later in the week. This email will come from either the Office of International Students and Scholars or the Office of Residential Life.
COVID-19 Testing and Move-In Appointments
The COVID-19 Testing and Move-in Appointment sign-up is now live and available to students. ALL students will need to sign-up for a COVID-19 Testing and Move-in Appointment time by August 16. Your move-in slot will correspond with your COVID-19 testing appointment. You will not be able to move into your room without first being tested. Specific details on the testing and check-in location will be forthcoming.
- There are limited appointments for each day and residence hall, and they are on a first-come, first-served basis. We cannot stress enough the importance of adhering to scheduled times.
- Students may only select one testing and move-in appointment. Only students with an approved early arrival will be able to select a testing and move-in appointment on early arrival days. If you are awaiting a decision on your early arrival application, please wait to sign-up for a time until you receive the decision.
Please note that if you receive an error that you cannot log-in, it means too many students are logged into the website. Please try again after several minutes.
A testing and move-in appointment will consist of the following steps, in this order:
Park at your residence hall in preparation for unloading.
Proceed to your designated testing area to be tested for COVID-19. Only Boston College students will be allowed entry into the testing sites.
After you have been tested, proceed to the residence hall check-in site located near the testing location.
Return to your building to move your belongings into your room. During the move-in period, students will only be permitted to have one guest enter the building with them to help with the move-in process. We ask that students move-in as quickly as possible and complete the process within 60-90 minutes.
Once your vehicle is unloaded and all items are in the residence hall, vehicles must be moved away from the residence hall unloading areas.
Early arrivals will be limited and will require advanced approval. Please note that most requests for early arrival will not be approved so as to accommodate necessary testing and health protocols.
- The early arrival application will open Friday, July 23 and close on Tuesday, August 10 via the Agora Portal → My ResLife → Forms → Fall Early Arrival Application.
- Group Early Arrivals: Only a limited number of approved groups will be permitted to move in early. If you are part of an approved group and have questions about your move-in date, contact the faculty or staff member in charge of your program.
- Individual Early Arrivals: Students with off-campus leases may apply for an arrival for as early as August 21 with proof of lease (student name, off-campus address, and end date must be listed on the signed lease). Students with other extenuating circumstances may apply for an early arrival beginning August 24 with detailed reasoning. ALL INDIVIDUAL students arriving early must participate in Welcome Wagon to help move-in the Class of 2025 on August 25-26, and will be assigned 1-2 shifts from 8am-7pm. More details will be provided for approved early arrivals.
- There will be an early arrival fee of $75/night prior to the residence halls opening. Students who arrive as part of an approved early arrival group will receive a fee waiver for up to two nights; individual students participating in Welcome Wagon will receive a fee waiver for up to three nights.