The mission of the Asian Pacific Islander Employees of Boston College (APIE) is to promote the welfare and interests of BC's Asian Pacific Islander American employees, to serve as a vehicle for representing and supporting the professional advancement and well-being of these employees, and to contribute to the enrichment of the wider BC community.
APIE supports activities that fulfill this mission with the following goals in mind:
- Participation in the development of a diverse, pluralistic, and international community, which is one of the cornerstones of Boston College’s overall mission;
- Development and encouragement of a supportive network of Asian Pacific Islander Americans in the Boston College community;
- Promotion and encouragement of shared cultural and social interests of the APIE membership, and the sharing of these interests with the greater Boston College community;
- Facilitation of academic and administrative policies that recognize the professional accomplishments of the Asian Pacific Islander American faculty and staff and that reinforce worker equity for all Asian Pacific Islander American employees at Boston College;
- Support for the dignity of each member’s professional and working careers, giving support in the areas of promotion, tenure, upward mobility, academic success, and fair treatment;
- Provision of information to Boston College community about the historical and present contributions of Asian Pacific Islander Americans to American culture and society.