The Disability Services Office empowers students with medical, physical, psychological, and temporary disabilities to achieve their educational, career, and personal goals.

Contact Us:

Maloney Hall, Suite 448
Phone: 617-552-3470

Information and Forms


Registration Directions

The Disability Services Office serves students with medical, physical, or psychological disabilities. Students with learning disabilities and/or ADHD should register with the Connors Family Learning Center

The Disability Services Office will notify students of any approved accommodations five to ten business days after all three registration steps have been completed.

To Register with the Disability Services Office:

1. Complete the registration form below.

2. Upload the medical documentation to registration form.

3. Schedule an intake appointment using the DSO online scheduling calendar.  

Filling out the form and uploading your documentation will be the initial steps toward completing the disability services registration process.

Registration Form

Please note: All housing accomadation requests for incoming first year students are due  by June 1st.

For questions email:


The documentation serves as the foundation for legitimizing the request for a reasonable accommodation. Please see documentation guidelines below that correspond to the nature of your disability. Your treatment provider will need to write a letter that includes the information outlined in these guidelines.

Disability Services Student Handbook

Guidelines for medical and physical conditions and chronic illnesses

Guidelines for mental health disorders

Guidelines for traumatic brain injuries

Guidelines for medically restricted diet 

Documentation must be on letterhead from diagnosing physician or primary care physician's office. 

Legal Rights

Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 requires that:

No otherwise qualified individual with a disability in the United States . . . shall, solely by reason of her or his disability, be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance . . .

Section 504 and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) prohibit the discriminatory assignment of disabled students to segregated classes or facilities. These laws apply to elementary and secondary as well as postsecondary schools. In elementary and secondary schools, disabled students may be assigned to separate facilities or courses of special education only when this placement is necessary to provide equal educational opportunity to them. Any separate facilities, and the services provided in separate facilities must be comparable to other facilities and services.

To determine what the educational needs of a disabled student may be, schools must carry out preliminary evaluation and placement procedures.

Grievance Policy

Should students not be able to receive adequate services as defined through their documentation, they have the right to seek assistance through the Student Grievance Procedure for Students with Disabilities.

Temporary Impairments

Temporary impairments are not listed as disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA); however, every attempt is made to provide support and assistance to students who experience a temporary disability. Accommodations may include the use of a laptop, extended time on exams, use of the Eagle Escort van service, or having swipe card access to the Government Documents Room in order to bypass the O'Neill Library stairs next to 21 Campanella Way.

Building Accessibility

Dining Hall Accessibility and Transportation Information

How do I request a disability-related housing accommodation?

Requesting a housing accommodation is a three step process as outlined below:

  • Complete the Disability Services Registration Form online
  • Submit documentation (either attach it with your online registration, or email/fax it to the Disability Services email Please review Documentation requirements on our website
  • Make an initial registration meeting with Disability Services staff.


What housing accommodations are available based on a disability?

  • Rooms with semi-private bathrooms
  • Strobe lights in the bedroom
  • Dorm with an elevator
  • Room on the first floor
  • Rooms with air conditioning


Is there a deadline by which I need to submit a housing accommodation request?

Yes, the housing accommodation request deadline is the first Friday in February for returning students and June 1st for incoming freshmen.


What happens if I miss the deadline? Can I still submit a request?

You can still submit a request; however, we cannot guarantee that we can meet your needs even if we feel your request is medically necessary. It will depend on what housing options are still available after your request has been reviewed.


Can I choose the residence hall that I want to live in if approved for an accommodation?

No, if you are approved for an accommodation, you will be placed in a location that has a room that meets the approved accommodation. 


If I'm approved for an accommodation and receive a specific placement, can I bring my friends with me?

You would be permitted to bring one other person with you to your housing assignment.


Can I live with students of a different class year if I have a housing accommodation?

No, you must live with students from your same class year.


If I had an accommodation last year, do I need to reapply?

Yes, Residential Life will need to know if you would like your same accommodation so they can place you accordingly.


Do all buildings have elevators?

Most of the buildings do, but some do not. We can also provide a room on the first floor as an accommodation.


If I have AD(H)D or a learning disability, where can I find a quiet place to study?

There are many spaces available at O’Neill Library and other academic and administrative buildings throughout campus.


Can I request a specific type of housing (eg. 8 person suite) as an accommodation?

No, students can request housing accommodations that are medically necessary only.


If I receive housing accommodations, do I still need to complete the housing application?

Yes, Residential Life needs to know that you wish to live on campus before we consider your housing accommodation request.


If granted, will my housing accommodation be guarenteed?

The Disability Services Office will make every effort to provide an approved accommodation; however, housing accommodations are subject to availability.

How do you report an accessibility concern?

You can access the form via the “Information and Forms” section of the Disability Services website to report a concern.

When should you report an accessibility problem?

Report access issues such as elevators that are out of service or push buttons on doors to administrative or academic buildings that are malfunctioning. The Accessibility Report Form is intended for members of the BC community to report physical access barriers that the Disability Services Office is unaware of, and that it wishes to resolve quickly.

Who receives the report?

The Disability Services Office receives the report and will begin work to resolve the problem as soon as possible.

How are accessibility problems addressed?

The DSO staff will work with various administrative offices such as Facilities Management and Capital Planning to resolve the issue.

Will the reporting party expect a response?

Yes, if you choose to include your contact information on the form, we will get in touch once the problem has been resolved.

Disability Services Office Learning Outcomes for Students:

Students who interact with the Disability Services Office will:

  1. Know that the DSO is a resource and what services and accommodations are available.
  2. Know how to register for disability-related accommodations.
  3. Understand how to utilize their accommodations.
  4. Be able to advocate for their own accommodation needs.