Ever to Excel Mentors
Join us this summer at Ever to Excel 2023! We are seeking to hire Boston College undergraduates to serve as Mentors for the 300 high school participants who will be attending the program from around the world. During the two week-long back-to-back Sessions, Mentors will serve as guides helping participants to explore and discover new interests, deepen their faith, make friends from all over the world, and have fun - all while experiencing the beautiful Boston College campus!
The program includes keynote presentations from some of BC's finest community members, an excursion into Boston, small group discussions and activities, and more!
2023 Ever to Excel Mentor Application InfoPrint
Ever to Excel Mentor Role Description
The success of the Ever to Excel program depends on leadership from our Boston College undergraduate Mentors. Mentors should demonstrate an interior confidence, fed by their personal faith, which enables them to relate to others with warmth, inclusivity, and hospitality.
Our hope is that participants leave Ever to Excel feeling that they have had a special encounter with the best of Boston College, especially through their encounters with our Mentors who exemplify the heart of Jesuit spirituality - to find God in all things.
Ever to Excel is an intensive program. Mentors will be expected to be engaged in the program and available to the staff and participants for the full duration of the program dates. This means that Mentors may not work a secondary job or take a class during the program dates for which they are hired. Mentors must also stay in the provided on-campus housing for the duration of the program, in order to help with daily and nightly residence hall checks and activities.
The Mentor role will include:
- Attending all of the required Mentor trainings and committments listed on the website.
- Welcoming participants (high school students from around the United States, as well as internationally from Japan and Ireland) and their families to campus and assiting the Ever to Excel staff in all stages of check-in and check-out.
- Leading small groups and facilitating discussions related to the daily themes and program topics.
- Presenting personal testimonies and reflections.
- Supporting Ever to Excel staff in executing all logistics for the program, from check-in/check-out, to daily activities.
- Helping to ensure hospitality for participants throughout the week.
- Serving as the first point of contact for the participants in their small group for the duration of the program.
- Staying in the provided on-campus housing.
- Assisting Ever to Excel staff in daily and nightly residence hall checks and safety protocols.
- You must be a current Boston College undergraduate student in good standing with the University.
- You must be a rising sophomore, rising junior, or rising senior.
- You must have the desire and disposition to talk about your faith with openness and accompaniment.
If you have questions about the Ever to Excel Mentor program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ever to Excel Videographer/Editor
Ever to Excel will be seeking to hire a Boston College student to serve as the Videographer/Editor for both Session I & Session II of Ever to Excel this summer.
Applications for the Videographer/Editor role will open during the spring semester. If you'd like to receive more information about this role when it becomes available, please fill out this form. Thank you!
Required Dates for Ever to Excel 2024 Mentors - COMING SOON
If you have questions about the required dates for the Ever to Excel Mentor program, please email email@example.com.
Compensation & Benefits
- Housing: Mentors will be provided on-campus housing for the duration of each Session they are working, starting from move-in the Friday evening before each Session. Mentors will be housed in Mentor-only 8-person or 6-person suites with roommates. (Please note: all Mentors must stay in assigned Ever to Excel housing even if you have other on- or -off campus accommodations nearby.)
- Food: Meals will be provided for the duration of each Session, as well as for trainings that fall during meal times.
- Compensation: Mentors hired for one Session will receive compensation of $800. Mentors hired for both Session I & Session II will receive compensation of $1,600 ($800 per Session).
- Training: Mentors will be required to attend a training retreat at Craigville Retreat Center. The retreat dates for 2024 will be announced soon.
If you have questions about compensation and benefits for Ever to Excel Mentors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in joining the 2024 Ever to Excel Mentor team! If you're interested in applying, please fill out our Mentor Interest Form and you will be the first to be notified when applications open.
If you have questions about the Ever to Excel Mentor application process, please email email@example.com.
“Ever to Excel was the program that I didn't know I needed. It showed me the best of the Boston College community and helped me learn more about myself. There are very few opportunities in life where you are presented with something as unique and powerful as Ever to Excel, and I am glad that I accepted the invitation to be part of it.”