Discover Your Career Path
Endeavor is a free three-day virtual career exploration program during winter break that will empower you to take control of your career journey. Through reflective exercises, conversations with alumni, and industry immersions with employers, you will explore the fit of a few career options and leave knowing at least one career field you are interested in further exploring.
Due to alumni availability and to ensure the safety of our community, Endeavor will be virtual this year. You will be able to participate from home and not cut your winter break short. Low commitment, high reward!
Endeavor is designed to help you better understand how the skills you are gaining through your coursework and extracurricular experiences translate to potential careers. You will be led through the three-day program by past participants, known as Endeavor Fellows, along with Career Center staff and returning alumni.
By the end of Endeavor, you will be empowered to take control of your career journey. In addition, you will be able to:
- Describe 1-3 resources or strategies you can use to explore career fields.
- Identify 1-3 career fields that align with your interests that you would like to further explore.
- Identify 1-3 skills you hope to incorporate into your career paths that align with the skills employers are seeking in recent college graduates.
- Identify the nine Boston College career readiness competencies.
- Articulate at least one example of where you have developed each of the nine career readiness competencies.
- Create a plan to develop skills and competencies required for a particular field of interest.
- Connect the skills, interests, and values you are gaining at Boston College to specific career opportunities of interest.
- Develop confidence in communicating with alumni and professionals.
- Identify 1-3 next steps in your career discernment and planning.
“Endeavor transforms the daunting task of deciphering one’s future into an exciting adventure of opportunity and possibility.”
Announcing the 2022 Keynote Speaker
Bill Clerico '07
Founder, Convective Capital
Bill is the founder of Convective Capital, an investment firm that backs entrepreneurs applying technology to prevent, suppress and mitigate wildfire-related impact.
Previously, Bill was the founder and CEO at WePay, which he started at 23 and led for 12 years through its acquisition by J.P. Morgan Chase. At J.P. Morgan, Bill ran the SMB payments business, and led strategic investments in Toast, Touchbistro and Freshbooks. He has been named one of Bloomberg’s Best Young Tech Entrepreneurs & WePay was consistently named a Best Place to Work.
Bill is an early stage investor in over 50 technology companies and previously was a part-time partner at Y Combinator. Bill also serves on the Board of Directors at PayNearMe.
Bill & his wife Katey split their time between San Francisco and Boonville, CA where Bill is a volunteer firefighter with the Anderson Valley Fire Department. Bill is an avid pilot and skier, and holds a B.S. in Computer Science from Boston College.
A look inside the three-day experience
Footage from Endeavor 2020. Video by Young Kim, MCAS '21.
Impact of Endeavor
Past participants tell stories of how Endeavor helped them connect their skills, interests, and values to meaningful career opportunities.