The Center supports the innovative work that BCSSW faculty conduct—locally, across the country, and around the globe.
Interdisciplinary Certificate in Humanitarian Assistance (ICHA)
Designed to ensure that our graduates and humanitarian partners have access to up-to-date knowledge on how best to respond to rapidly changing needs in the field. Developed in close partnership with international non-governmental organizations (INGOs) and building on the academic strengths of BC faculty and staff, ICHA iincludes eight modules:
- Migrants and Refugees in the Global Landscape
- Basics of Refugee Determination
- Community-based Psychosocial Support
- Introduction to International Child Protection
- Climate Change, Displacement, and Human Rights
- Gender Based Violence
- Public Health in Emergencies
- Education in Emergencies
The ICHA target audience includes BCSSW students who desire more specific content than is offered in the Global Practice curriculum; BC undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in affiliated fields; and staff currently employed at partner INGOs who want to bolster their core humanitarian assistance competencies.