Customized Professional Learning for Schools
At Boston College, we are changing the way we partner with schools. We want our offerings to be responsive to the specific and “just in time” needs of our school partners. The Professional and Continuing Education team at the Lynch School of Education and Human Development will partner with you to build customized, student-focused professional learning experiences aligned with your school goals and strategic priorities.
Hear Our Impact
Customizable Content Areas
Professional developement suite of courses based upon on Systemic Functional Linguistics (SFL) approach to teaching writing.
- Narrative writing
- Report and explanation writing
- Argument and procedure writing
We offer a four course instructional series for teacher seeking subject matter
knowledge within bilingual education.
- Foundations of bilingual and dual-language education
- Bilingualism, second language, and literacy development
- Bilingual literacy and literature
A suite of offerings that support the implementation of anti-racist pedagogy in schools and classrooms.
- Raising students’ critical consciousness of race and racism
- Disrupting the narrative: anti-bias tools for texts
- We can develop opportunities based on your individual needs
Components of our Professional Development Plans
Planning & Consultation
Implementation Guidance & Resources
Reflection & Planning
What school leaders have said about our plans
“There is no better payback on learning and professional development than creating ideas and plans and putting those into action to meet student needs. The staff at the Lynch School have worked so closely with us...They just moved us to an entirely new level of professional development to benefit the teachers and students.”
Get Started Today!
We are here to answer any questions or to discuss a preliminary plan and budget.