A Student Organization is a group of undergraduate students that are committed to enriching the learning environment through extracurricular programs and activities. By participating in a student organization you will meet students with similar interests, be exposed to an array of opportunities at Boston College, develop your leadership potential, and have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the community.
All Student Organizations must be familiar with all University and Student Programs Office policies.
If you are new to Boston College or interested in learning more about the student organizations on campus, log on to MyBC.
For a public list of events, browse by these categories:
Student Organizations work with the Office of Student Involvement to affect the intellectual and social growth and development of members of the Boston College community. Given the unique role, purpose, and function of these organizations, Student Organizations enjoy certain privileges. A few of these privileges are:
- Funding eligibility from the Student Organization Funding Committee (SOFC)
- Ability to reserve University facilities for meetings, programs, and events
- Support from the Bureau of Conferences (BOC) and Boston College Police Department
- A University mailbox and mailing address
- Ability to advertise meetings, programs, and events on campus
- Access to general organization advising and programmatic support
- Leadership and organizational effectiveness training
- Inclusion in the fall Student Involvement Fair
- Use of University name and tax status
- Solicitation of membership on campus
- Use of MyBC organizational software
Request to Create a New Organization by logging onto MyBC. Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis by the Board of Student Organizations.
Every submission must:
- Identify a primary contact that will answer any questions
- Include a proposal that details the name, mission and vision of the proposed organization
- Include a statement that addresses how the new organization will support and enhance student life and the mission of Boston College
- Detail the unique nature of the proposed organization; proposed organizations must be original and not duplicate current organizations
For more information go to the Board of Student Organizations website.
Office of Student Involvement
Carney Hall, Suite 147