The mission of The Office of Graduate Student Life is to enhance the educational experience and quality of life for Boston College graduate students.
Assisting graduate students in the transition to the intellectual, social, and Jesuit Catholic nature of Boston CollegeAs a unit within the Division of Student Affairs, and in partnership with Office of the Provost, the Office of Graduate Student Life is focused on:
- Assisting graduate students in the transition to the intellecutal, social, and Jesuit Catholic nature of Boston College
- Serving as the hub to connect graduate students to the vast array of services and support at Boston College
- Creating a community through programs focused on graduate student formation
- Encouraging a climate that values the contributions of graduate students
- Providing space for graduate students to gather at the Murray House
- Advising registered graduate student organization leadership
- Supporting the unique needs of the graduate student community
Black lives matter.
The Office of Graduate Student Life denounces the senseless killings of Black individuals, recurrent police brutality, and the racist systems which have enabled them. We stand in solidarity with the Black community here at Boston College and around the country.
Our mission is to enhance the educational experience and quality of life for Boston College graduate students, and that includes Black students. We recognize that we must strengthen our support and speak up against racial injustice and systemic oppression to ensure that all students in our advocacy feel safe, heard, and welcome.
We are committed to listening, to educating one another, to incorporating anti-racist education into ongoing staff training, to reviewing our current programming, and to working with the Graduate Student Association to prioritize engagement around issues of oppression, racism, and injustice.