End-of-Year Extension Housing, 2016
office of residential life
Students may apply for extension housing if they have a documented need to remain on campus after their designated check-out time. All applications must be approved by Residential Life staff.
Examples of students who qualify for Extension Housing:
- Students involved in Commencement activities
- Students involved in service trips
- Athletes involved in post-season competition
Types of Extensions
- In-Room Extension (Overnight): Undergraduates, except for those living in Claver, Loyola, Xavier, Fenwick, Vanderslice, 90 STM, Walsh and 66 Comm. Ave., applying for a one-night extension will be able to stay In-Room.
- In-Room Extension (More than 1 Night): Undergraduates who live in Fitzpatrick, Gonzaga, Voute, Gabelli, Greycliff, Ignacio or Rubenstein, and applying to stay more than one night may stay in their Spring placements if approved. Underclassmen who share a suite or apartment with graduating Seniors in Stayer Hall and Edmond's may also choose this option. No In-Room Extensions (one night or otherwise) will be granted for students living in Claver, Loyola, Xavier, Fenwick, Vanderslice, 90 STM, Walsh or 66 Comm. Ave.
- Interim Housing: Undergraduates not eligible for an In-Room extension should apply for an extension and must move according to the transition schedule.
All extension requests must be submitted online via the Agora Portal. Click on "My ResLife" under "My Services," then select "Web Forms," then "Individual Transition."
- If you are applying as an individual, select "Individual" under "Spring Extensions" and complete the subsequent form.
- If you are applying as part of a group, select your group's name under "Spring Extensions." Your group's date of departure will be populated for you. If you do not see your group listed, please contact your group administrator.
Please allow up to 3 business days for all processing.
If you are approved for an extension:
- You will receive an email confirmation. This email must be posted on the door of the room you are staying in by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 17 for Underclassmen.
- Any student who does not have a posted confirmation yet remains in their room past the above times will forfeit their housing assignment for the next eligible year.
- All students granted Interim Housing must check out from their current residence and check into their new residence according to the transition schedule. Please bring the email confirmation with you and post it on the door of your temporary room.
- Students in Extension Housing are required to check out by the approved Date of Departure on their email confirmation.
- Those with overnight extensions must check out with their Resident Director before 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday, May 18.
- Those with extensions past May 18 are required to check out at the Office of Residential Life with an RD, or at the Summer Welcome Center (beginning May 19) between 12:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Those with extensions until May 23 may check out at any Senior Check-out Location or in the Summer Welcome Center, located in the first floor lounge of Stayer Hall, between 12:00 noon and 8:00 p.m.
- Students in Extension Housing involved in ANY conduct violation during their stay will be removed from housing immediately and face University disciplinary action, regardless of the reason for the extended stay.
- Applicants who are not approved are required to check out according to the End-of-Year Closing and check-out information.
- All forms available through the Agora Portal beginning mid-April.
- Student Deadline: May 1, 2016 by 5PM
- Group Instructions
- Group Creation Deadline: April 13, 2016
This page links to PDF files. Use this link to download Adobe Reader if needed.