Undergraduate Check-out 2017
office of residential life
- It is your responsibility to read through the End-of-Year Closing and Underclassman Check-out information so that you fully understand the University’s expectations.
- All underclassman residents are required to check out and vacate their rooms within 24 hours of their last exam, or by Tuesday, May 16 by 5:00 p.m., whichever comes first.
- Your Residency Agreement is in effect as long as you remain on campus.
Underclass Checkout Schedule
Staff will be available according to the following schedule in your building area. To check out prior to Tuesday, May 16, you must schedule an appointment with your Resident Assistant.
If you live in Ignacio, Greycliff, Thomas More Apartments or Rubenstein, please schedule an appointment with your Resident Assistant, as your checkout locations will not be staffed according to the following schedule.
There will be no checkouts after 8:00 p.m. If you must leave between 8:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m., you must contact your duty RA. You are responsible for checking out prior to 8:00 p.m. the night of your departure.
|Sat. May 13||8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.|
|Sun. May 14||8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.|
|Mon. May 15||8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.|
|Tue. May 16||8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.|
Area Check-out Locations
|Claver/Loyola/Xavier/Fenwick||CLXF Main Lobby|
|College Road||Welch Basement Lounge|
|Fitzpatrick/Gonzaga/Shaw||Fitzpatrick/Gonzaga Main Lobby|
|Newton Campus||Main Lounge of your hall|
|Vanderslice/90 STM||Vanderslice Lobby|
|Voute/Gabelli/66 Comm. Ave.||66 Comm. Ave. Main Lobby|
|Reservoir Apartments||Resevoir Lobby|
|Rubenstein/Ignacio||By Appointment with RA|
||Stayer Hall Lobby|
|Thomas More Apartments
||By Appointment with RA
|Mods||Stayer Hall Lobby
|Greycliff||By Appointment with RA|
Please show RESPECT for the custodial staff who care for your residence throughout the year. All residents are expected to complete the following checklist. Failure to do so may result in fines being placed on your student account. Click here for more information on keys, damage, and trash, please review the End-of-Year Closing information..
- Clean stove thoroughly, including the top, under the burners, and in the oven and broiler. (Apartments)
- Remove all food from refrigerator and clean with mild soap, water, and baking soda. Leave doors closed and refrigerator on. (Suites/Apartments)
- Remove all posters, signs, pictures, nails, hooks, tacks, and tape from walls and ceilings by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 16.
- Return all curtains, shades, lamps, and furniture to their proper place throughout your unit.
- Take down all bunk beds, except BC-issued lofts. BC-issued loft units must be restored to their original setup.
- Remove all trash, papers, and belongings from drawers and shelves.
- Wipe all drawers and shelves clean.
- Remove all trash from room. IT IS A FIRE HAZARD TO PLACE TRASH IN HALLWAYS. Please place trash and area rugs in the dumpster outside of your building.
- Remove all personal belongings from room.
- Close and lock all windows.
- Turn off all lights.
- Lock your room behind you.
- Check out of your residence hall at one of the Area Checkout Locations, and return your key if you were issued one upon check-in.
Leave of Absence or Withdrawal from Residential Life
Any student, who wishes to take a Leave of Absence or Withdrawal from housing for the 2017-2018 academic year must complete the appropriate Web Form within My ResLife via the Agora Portal by June 1. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.