for potential full-time hires for boston college dining services
Front Desk/Registration Area
- Sign/banner at the front.
- If possible, explain to applicants that we are looking for a variety of regular and temporary positions.
- Sign in and log ID number.
- Give application to applicant; be sure to include the second page.
- Offer coffee to applicant.
- Allow applicant to ask for assistance if he/she needs help with the application.
- Instruct applicant to return the application to the front desk after completing it.
After Completing Application
- Applicant returns to the front desk, and a staff person reviews application to ensure it is complete. Make sure the application is complete before the applicant is interviewed.
- Staff person fills in referral sheet.
- Determine what schedule the person is available for.
- Prescreen application for job skills.
- Reviewing the open-slot list, determine which BCDS Supervisor/Manager should conduct the first interview.
- Introduce the applicant to the appropriate BCDS Supervisor/Manager.
- After completing the interview, indicate to the applicant that they should wait by the front-desk area.
- Manager completes resume referral sheet and returns it to the front desk.
- If appropriate, the BCDS Supervisor will refer the applicant for a second interview with a Senior BCDS Manager (production manager, general manager).
- If appropriate, the BCDS Senior Manager will refer the applicant for a third interview with an HR representative.
- If appropriate, HR representative schedules applicant for Health Screening and offers campus map with directions.
Open Temporary Positions
- Temporary positions are not benefit-eligible.
- Temporary assignments may include split shifts rather than traditional shifts.
- Temporary assignments may include evening and weekend shifts.
- Future positions will be recruited from the temporary positions.
- Temporary assignments are not guarantees of future employment.