Guide to Online Resources
a guide for new employees
This guide is to help you find the information, resources, and services that you may need to feel part of this diverse community, to learn the basics more quickly, and to become more productive sooner. Your supervisor and colleagues are also sources of information — be sure to ask them when you have questions.
We encourage you to bookmark Agora Portal, which combines the features of Agora services and the Boston College Info resources. BCInfo not only keeps you up-to-day on what's happening on campus, it is the gateway to information and resources. You may want to try Learn Our Web to get an overview. Here is a selection of essential, necessary, and useful information and resources:
- How do I get my BC ID?
- How do I get my username and password?
- How do I get my campus parking permit?
- What Agora services are available to me?
- Who is my Technology Local Consultant?
- Technology Essentials
- Telephone and Voicemail
- Information Technology Resources
- Software supported at BC
- Procurement Services for Purchasing Card, or American Express Card and travel information
- Environmental Health & Safety Office for health and safety training, information, or compliance assistance
- Student Services Office for University academic policies, registration and course descriptions
- Online services for BC community
- Emergency Closings
- Emergency Preparedness for information about existing campus safety procedures, guidelines for responding to and staying informed in the event of an emergency, links to on- and off-campus resources, and general tips for making safe choices every day
- Boston College Police Department
- Selected Resources to Supplement Orientation Overview This PowerPoint slide presentation augments the information you heard at your orientation on the overview of Boston College.
- Human Resources web site
- Employee Development Programs for professional development workshops and programs
- Schedule a tour through the Undergraduate Admission Office, or take a pictorial campus tour.
- Check out Dining Services for dining hall menus, hours, and locations.
- Visit the libraries.
- Join the Flynn Recreation Complex for a variety of programs, classes, and services for every fitness level.
- Learn about volunteer/service activities on campus — a great way to involved and meet new people.
- Keep current with University news and view issues of the Chronicle, Boston College's newspaper for faculty and staff, on the Office of Public Affairs web page.
- View Front Row for streaming media to tapes of University cultural and scholarly events.
- Calendars for information on lectures, concerts, literary and musical events, among the many
- Robsham Theater Arts Center
- McMullen Museum of Art
- Boston College Athletics for sporting-event schedules and tickets, and related events and activities
- Links to BC Arts Programs for information on music, theater, fine arts, concerts, and special events
- About Boston College
- Strategic Plan
- Boston College Campus Maps
- Jesuit Community
- Center for Ignatian Spirituality
- Student Clubs and Organizations
- Offices, Services, and Resources
- Woods College of Advancing Studies
- Academic Departments and Programs
- Faculty Handbook
- Faculty Services and Resources