HEALTHY YOU is a series of health management programs designed to help faculty and staff understand, improve, and maintain their health.
Boston College continues HEALTHY YOU with new programs designed to support you on your path to greater health and well-being, offered in partnership with Harvard Pilgrim Health Care and The Boston Consortium for Higher Education’s HEALTHY YOU program.
In 1995, BC, along with 15 other Boston-area colleges and universities, formed The Boston Consortium. One of the Consortium's initiatives is to keep the health care of its member institutions affordable and accessible by helping employees and their families get and stay healthy. This health management initiative is called HEALTHY YOU. The programs are completely voluntary and totally confidential.
Upcoming Events and Ongoing Programs
We encourage you to check back often so that you don't miss out on new events!
| Campus Recreation | Charitable Walks | Eldercare | Lunch & Learn Wellbeing Seminars |
| Meditation & Mindfulness | Smoking Cessation | Vision Van |
| Walk Across Campus | Weight Watchers | Other Health Events |
Harvard Piligrim BC Portal Resources
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care offers many resources to faculty and staff. Through the Harvard Pilgrim BC portal (HarvardPilgrim.org/BostonCollege), you’ll find resources to help you:
- Locate a doctor
- Search for information on prescription drugs, including proper usage, precautions, and side effects
- Understand medical conditions, tests, and treatment options
- Take a personal Health Questionnaire on the Harvard Pilgrim secure website
- Access your Personal Health Record through the HPHConnect secure site
- Participate in phone-based counseling with certified Harvard Pilgrim coaches to improve your lifestyle habits and adapt your behavior (e.g., nutrition, exercise, and smoking cessation) to enable you to enjoy a long, comfortable life.
- Receive outreach and resources to help you take an active role in understanding and managing chronic conditions such as asthma, diabetes, coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Learn more about the Fitness Reimbursement Program, which may include eligibility for a health club annual reimbursement of up to $150 as well as a Weight Watchers annual reimbursement of up to $150. Review the attached forms for further instruction on Weight Management Reimbursement and Fitness Reimbursement.
- Access free e-learning courses and webinars
- Learn about Telemedicine service, a new benefit offered from Harvard Pilgrim Health Care. Review the attached document on how to setup.
- at www.harvardpilgrim.org/bostoncollege to learn about your health and any issues you may have. You receive a personal report that you can share with your doctor so that, together, you can plan for a healthy future.
- Access a variety of Harvard Pilgrim–provided tools and education, including websites, informational sessions, and onsite events.
You’ll also find links to the Harvard Pilgrim Prepared for Care program, savings on health-related products and services, and lifestyle and wellness topics.
View video testimonials from BC employees about how HEALTHY YOU programs have impacted their lives.
HY Lunch & Learn
“Really great – good information and chance to network with other Boston College staff. I really appreciate the healthier vegetarian and vegan lunch options.”
“I really enjoyed the topics this past fall”
“I definitely enjoy these sorts of topics and found them helpful. Thank you for having them.”
HY Meditation & Mindfulness
“The instructor was fantastic, welcomed emails, and followed up”
“The mindfulness programming is wonderful and I know it is in high demand”
“This should be required! It was absolutely fantastic and needed for the modern workplace.”
“Excellent instruction and programs”
HY Yoga at the Museum
“PLEASE continue the yoga and open ended meditation series on the Brighton Campus!”
“Would like to see more yoga offered, it filled up too quickly”
“Yoga in the museum was a great concept”
HY Eldercare Support
“This was really, really valuable information provided by people who really know what they’re talking about.”
“I think it’s great BC offers services and support groups to help with this difficult time”
“Please continue to support those of us in this life situation”
“It’s great that BC offers services and support groups to help with this difficult time”
HY Vision Van
“I was happy with the exam”
“I hope there is another opportunity to do this”
“I hope it visits on an annual basis”
“Overall found the experience to be quite positive”
“I was happy that this service was offered on campus”
“Bring back the Vision Van!”
Your participation in HEALTHY YOU programs is voluntary and strictly confidential. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) was passed by Congress in 1996 to protect your personal information from being inappropriately disclosed. All those who provide medical services (such as hospitals, doctors, insurance companies and health plan employees) have completed Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) training and are in compliance with HIPAA privacy guidelines. In addition, strict confidentiality and data security protocols are in place and adhered to by all healthcare employees.