Application Process for External Applicants
How to Apply
- View all current job opportunities.
- View Tips for the eRecruit Applicant.
- Kiosks are available for this purpose in the Department of Human Resources, located 129 Lake Street, Room 110. Please refer to Map and Directions.
Applying online via the eRecruit Applicant Homepage (after viewing tips) is the most efficient way to make your resume available to hiring managers.
If you prefer, you can mail or hand-deliver your resume to the address below. Please note this will require processing time.
Department of Human Resources
129 Lake Street, Room 110
140 Commonwealth Avenue Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
If you are an individual with a disability, a military veteran or someone who needs assistance applying for a BC job opportunity through this website, you may email your resume to us at email@example.com or contact our Employment Department at 617-552-3330.
- The hiring manager/selection committee review all applications.
- If you are invited to interview, a representative from the hiring department will contact you to set up an appointment.
- A member of the Department of Human Resources Staff interviews the finalist(s).
- A member of the Department of Human Resources Staff will extend an offer of employment at Boston College.
- Boston College interview process information
In filling positions at Boston College, preference is given, whenever possible, to qualified persons currently employed in a regular position at Boston College, with factors such as ability, experience, potential for growth, and the University's diversity goals taken into consideration. Boston College employees interested in applying for a different position should submit an updated resume and cover letter noting your status as a Boston College employee.
Please call us at (617) 552-3330 if you have any questions.