Microsoft e-Learning at Boston College
account setup instructions
Note: Due to enhancements from Microsoft, courses are now available in multiple languages. After creating your account (instructions below) and logging in, you will see a course list in multiple languages. To only see courses in English (or any other language), click the arrow next to “Language” and choose the desired language. Then, only courses in that language will display.
You may access Microsoft’s e-Learning program as part of Boston College’s license agreement with Microsoft. To verify that you are a member of the Boston College community and eligible to use the program, you must complete an initial setup process. You must be using Windows and Internet Explorer; the Microsoft e-Learning classes are not accessible on the Mac OS or with any other web browser.
I have already setup my account.
REGISTER YOUR ACCESS CODE AND EMAIL ADDRESS WITH MICROSOFT (initial setup only)
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Go to: http://itacademy.microsoft.com/
3. Click on the link to "Sign In" on the right side of the page.
4. You will have the option to sign in with a Microsoft account or an Office 365 account (see figure 1). Click Microsoft account.
5. On the next screen you are prompted to sign in using Microsoft account credentials. Click the link to "Sign up now" at the bottom right of the page (see figure 2).
6. On the next screen you will be asked to complete a form:
- Enter your first and last name.
- Enter your BC email address.
- Create and confirm a password. For security reasons, ITS strongly recommends that you do NOT use your BC password.
- Enter your country/region.
- Enter your zip code.
- Enter your birth date.
- Enter your gender.
- Enter your country code and phone number.
- Enter the characters depicted in the security picture.
- Click Create account.
7. Access the email account you specified. You should see a message from Microsoft. Open the message marked "Verify your email address". Click on the link in the email message. We suggest that you save the message for future reference.
8. You will be directed to another webpage. Click OK to confirm your email address.
9. You will be brought to the Access Code Redemption Page. Click Sign Out. IMPORTANT: Do not attempt to verify the account at this time.
10. After you have been logged out, go to www.onlinelearning.microsoft.com.
11. Click Sign In, and choose "Microsoft Account." Sign in using your BC Email address and the password you created. A pop-up will appear that says, "If you have an access code, click here to redeem it." Click this link, and you will be redirected to a page titled "What is your subscription or access code?" (see figure 3).
10. Obtain the Boston College access code. (BC sign-in required). Do not share the code with any unauthorized users; this violates our license agreement with Microsoft.
11. Enter this Access Code and your BC email in the fields provided (Figure 3).
13. Fill out the profile information and you will be brought to the Online Learning home page.
14. Click the Browse Courses link to view/search a list of available courses. Click on a course title to view the offering.
15. Click Add while on the Browse Courses page to begin a course. You have 12 months from the time of launch to finish that course.
1. Go to: onlinelearning.microsoft.com
2. Click the Sign In button on the right side of the page. Select "Microsoft Account".
3. Sign in to Windows Live using your Windows ID and password.
4. Click Catalog to view/search a list of available courses. Click on a course title to view the offering.
5. Click Add while on the Browse Courses page to begin a course. You have 12 months from the time of launch to finish that course.