Download and Install McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8i
for windows computers
NOTE: BC faculty, staff, and students can use McAfee virus protection at home. Use the instructions below to download and install it on your home computer.
On this page:
- Print this page (or save it as a PDF) for reference. Some of the steps below will require that you disconnect your computer from the Internet to prevent virus infections while your computer is unprotected.
- Go to the Software Download site. Download McAfee VirusScan Enterprise to your desktop. When prompted, enter your BC username and password. Save the VSE880.exe installation file to your desktop. Do not install the application at this time.
- Disconnect your computer from the Internet — unplug the ethernet cable and/or disconnect from the wireless network.
- Uninstall any earlier versions of McAfee VirusScan or other anti-virus software that you may have installed.
- Quit any open applications.
- Close all applications before beginning this process.
- Locate and double-click the VSE880.exe installer on your desktop.
- Wait for the McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Setup to process. Note: Do not close this window, it will close on its own when the process completes.
- VirusScan setup recommends that Windows Defender and other antivirus programs be removed prior to installation. Click Yes.
- You may receive a warning in the bottom right hand of you screen that Windows Defender is turned off. This is correct. VirusScan contains the same functionality as Windows Defender. Having both programs running on the same computer may cause problems. Ignore the warning.
- When the setup window appears, click Next.
- On the McAfee End User License Agreement, do the following (see Figure 1):
- Under the License expiry type, select Perpetual.
- Read and then select I accept the terms in the license agreement.
- Click OK.
- Under Setup Type, select Typical, and then click Next.
- Under Access Protection Level, select Standard Protection, then click Next.
- Click Install.
When McAfee VirusScan Enterprise setup has completed successfully, you may receive a message in the lower right of your screen that McAfee is out of date. This is expected, please do not click the warning but continue with the installation as described below.
- Make sure the Update Now and Run On-Demand Scan options are not selected and click Finish (see Figure 2).
- The installer will prompt you to restart your computer.
Restart your computer by clicking the Start button, then clicking the arrow located next to Shut Down. Select Restart.
- After restarting, reconnect your computer to the Internet.
- Delete the VSE880.exe installer icon from your desktop.
- Click check the VirusScan icon in the Task Tray. You may need to expand the Task Tray by clicking the arrow to see the icon (see Figure 3). If the icon has a red circle with a line through it, call the BC Help Center at 617-552-HELP (4357).
- Right-click the VirusScan icon and select Update Security. If you are not able to run the Update, call the BC Help Center at 617-552-HELP.
- Right-click My Computer on the desktop and select Scan for Threats. The scan may take as long as an hour to complete.