Downloading and Installing ePO
ePO is the acronym for electronic Policy Orchestrator. People with Windows computers must install ePO before they are given access to the BC Network. ePO complements McAfee VirusScan and allows ITS to "push" software updates to computers. ePO download and installation is part of BC's activation procedure. Activation registers each computer on the BC network. ePO can also be downloaded directly from this web page.
Note: It is essential to have ePO installed along with VirusScan. Until the ePO updates are applied to the new version, the default settings of VirusScan may interfere with the proper functioning of certain applications such as Thunderbird. Please follow the installation process carefully.
If for some reason you believe VirusScan or ePO will interfere with your computer's operation, you may apply for exemption from VirusScan and/or ePO requirement.
Learn how to install ePO using:
- Go to the Software Download site. Download ePO to your desktop. When prompted, enter your BC username & password. Save the FramePkg.exe installation file to your desktop.
- Right-click the FramePkg.exe icon on your desktop and select Run as administrator.
- When prompted with a security warning, select Run.
- If the User Account Control dialog appears, click Allow.
- On the taskbar at the bottom of your screen, click Interactive services (see Figure 1).
- Select Show me the message.
- Wait for the Setup to complete, select OK, THEN select Return now (see Figure 2).
- Restart your computer.