Training and Workshops on Technology
Departments that provide training and workshops on technology at Boston College are:
- ITS Communications & Training conducts classes for faculty and staff on Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel) and BC systems (AEM, etc.). Program offerings change monthly during the academic year and are posted on the Training website. Faculty and staff are also emailed the monthly calendar of offerings.
- ITS Research Services offers scheduled workshops and customized tutorials on a variety of research computing topics. Learn more about Research Services offerings.
- Instructional Design and eTeaching Services offers scheduled and customized workshops on a variety of instructional technology topics.
- The Employee Development Office, a unit in the Department of Human Resources, offers work-related programs and workshops to BC employees.
- MTS Classroom Support Services will train faculty and teaching assistants how to use the equipment in the classroom in which they teach. Call to schedule an appointment: 617-552-4219.
- Microsoft e-Learning is a web-based, self-paced learning environment that offers a wide range of online courses that cover Microsoft's Windows operating systems and Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).