When Windows "Home" versions are not recommended at BC
On this page:
- When are Windows Home versions not recommend at BC?
- What version of Windows do I have on my computer? (from Microsoft help)
- How do I upgrade my version of Windows?
If you are using Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows Vista Home, please be aware of the following:
- Home versions do not support a multi-lingual user interface.
- Home versions do not let you join the BC domain. If you need access to on-campus servers and BC printers, you need to join the BC domain. You do not need to join the BC domain to print to the CTRC or Libraries (i.e., remote printing). Note: Students can access the web and most BC online services (Agora Portal, MyFiles@bc, etc.) by just connecting to the BC wireless or wired network, so it's not necessary to join the BC domain.
If you need a multi-lingual user interface or need to join the BC domain, BC recommends you upgrade to Windows 7 Enterprise or Windows Vista Enterprise.
Faculty and Staff
- Contact your Technology Consultant (TC) to help you get an upgrade. Who is my TC?