boston college's mailing list service
- Subscriber Quick Guide (pdf)
- List Owner Quick Guide (pdf)
- How to self-subscribe to a list
- How to create a new list
Why use BCPost for group discussion?
- Using a listserv, you can reach every member (subscriber) of the list using one simple email address.
- There is no need to create and maintain an address book in your email client; you do not need to know each participant's individual email address. BCPost insures that all parties are working with the same list.
- BCPost can be restricted, which means that only people approved by the list owner can join the list.
- BCPost messages can a be monitored, which means that all posts are reviewed and approved by the list owner before being distributed (posted) to the entire list.
- Subscribers do not need to have a BC email address, however requests for new lists must come from a BC email address.