Spring Early Arrivals
office of residential life
Students may apply for early arrival for one of the following reasons:
- Involvement in student teaching
- Involvement in University athletic events
- Involvement in University-sponsored service trips
- Attendance at New Student Orientation on Thursday, January 10, 2013
All applications must be approved by Residential Life staff.
- January 2, 2013: Earliest arrival date for residents of 66 Commonwealth Ave., 90 St. Thomas More Drive, Stayer Hall, Edmond’s Hall, Gabelli Hall, Ignacio Hall, the Modular Apartments, Rubenstein Hall, Vanderslice Hall, Voute Hall, Greycliff Hall, or Walsh Hall
- January 7, 2013: Earliest arrival date for residents of Upper, Newton, or College Road
Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the Office of Residential Life will be closed from December 22, 2012 through January 2, 2013, and no one will be available to respond to your calls or emails.
Types of Early Arrivals
- In-Room: Undergraduates living on Lower Campus may stay in their assigned rooms. Any undergraduates living on Upper Campus, Newton Campus, or College Road will not be allowed In-Room Early Arrivals before January 7, 2013.
- Guest Housing: Undergraduates may stay with a friend (of the same gender) living on Lower Campus who has also applied for and been approved for an In-Room Early Arrivals. Applicants must provide their host's information, including Eagle number, and the host's date of arrival must be the same as or after the guest's. Please note that guests will not be given card access and will therefore require their host to let them into the building.
- If you are applying as an individual, select "Individual" under "Spring Early Arrivals" and complete the subsequent form.
- If you are applying as part of a group, select your group's name under "Spring Early Arrivals." Your group's date of arrival will be populated for you. If you do not see your group listed, please contact your group administrator.
- If you live on Upper Campus, Newton Campus, or College Road, and you are applying to stay before January 7, 2013 as part of a group, you will be prompted to select "Guest Housing," then to provide your host's information.
Please allow up to 5 business days for all processing.
If you are approved for an early arrival:
- You will receive an email confirmation.
- Students approved for an early arrival who are involved in ANY conduct violation during their stay will be removed from housing immediately and face University disciplinary action, regardless of the reason for the early arrival.
Applicants who are not approved will be notified by email and may return to the residence hall no earlier than Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 9:00 a.m.
Student Deadline: Friday, December 14, 2012
*Please note the application will not be available on "My Reslife" after this date.
For group instructions, please click here.
Group Creation Deadline: November 30, 2012