Winter Housing Extensions
office of residential life
Please Note: The Extension application will become available in mid-November.
- All resident students without extensions must be checked out of their academic-year assignments by 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 20, 2014.
- Individual students may apply for extension housing if they have a documented need to remain on campus one additional night, Sunday, December 21, 2014 until 11:00 a.m. Applicable documented needs are:
- Involvement in student teaching
- Long-distance travel
- Questions: email@example.com
- Please note that the Office of Residential Life will be closed from December 20, 2014 through January 2, 2015, and no one will be available to respond to your calls or emails.
Types of Extensions
- In-Room: Any undergraduates living on Lower Campus, Upper Campus, Newton Campus, or College Road will not be allowed In-Room Extensions past Sunday, December 21, 2014 at 11:00 AM.
- If you are applying as an individual, select "Individual" under "Fall Extensions" and complete the subsequent form.
- If you are applying as part of a group, select your group's name under "Fall Extensions." Your group's date of departure will be populated for you. If you do not see your group listed, please contact your group administrator.
Please allow up to 3 business days for all processing.
If you are approved for an extension:
- You will receive an email confirmation. The email must be printed and posted on the door of the room you are staying in by 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 20.
- Students approved for an extension who are involved in ANY conduct violation during their stay will be removed from housing immediately and face University disciplinary action, regardless of the reason for the extension. Please read the Letter from the Director of Residential Life regarding our expectations for behavior during your stay.
Any student who does not have authorization for extension yet remains past 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 20 will forfeit their housing assignment for the next eligible year and may receive a $200 late check-out fine.
Applicants who are not approved for extension are required to check out of their Fall placement by 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 20.
Student Deadline: Friday, December 12, 2014 by 5 PM
*Please note the application will not be avaialable on "My Reslife" after this date.
For group instructions, please click here.
Group Creation Deadline: Friday, November 28, 2014