Perks of Working at BC
Discover the other "benefits" that Boston College has to offer — discounts, cultural events, services, and facilities. This list highlights just some of them. Please call the extension given for further information.
Boston College Bookstore
- Location: McElroy Commons
- Phone: (617) 552-3520
- Hours: Monday–Thursday, 9:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m.; Friday–Saturday, 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Employee discount: A 20% discount on clothing, gift ware, stationery, trade books, and school supplies. Discount not applicable on textbooks or health and beauty aids.
- Includes Thomas P. O'Neill, Jr. Library, School of Social Work Library, Bapst Library, John J. Burns Library of Rare Books & Special Collections, Educational Resource Center, and Law School Library.
- Reading for pleasure or discussion group.
- Library facilities are open to all employees.
- Your BCID serves as library card for checking out books and other materials.
- For further information, contact a reference librarian in any of the above libraries.
Robsham Theater Arts Center
- Theater and dance events during the academic year.
- For information on all campus arts events, call the Arts Hotline at (617) 552-4000.
- Location: Lyons Hall 407
- Phone: (617) 552-8720
- Concerts scheduled throughout semester; free or at nominal fee.
- Call to get on mailing list.
Flynn Recreation Complex
- Phone: (617) 552-3035
- On-campus recreation facility for employees and students
- Pay per visit, or purchase a membership (fee includes all activities).
Woods College of Advancing Studies
- Location: McGuinn Hall 100
- Phone: (617) 552-3900
- Full-time, benefits-eligible employees are eligible for 100% tuition remission on courses taken in the College of Advancing Studies.
- Call for further information.
Boston College Children's Center
- Location: Haley Carriage House
- Phone: (617) 552-3356
- Provides care for employees' and students' children between the ages of 2 years 9 months to 5 years.
- Yearly lottery for available space is held in fall of each year.
- Call Barbara Krakowsky, Director, for further information.
- Children's Center Quick Reference Guide.
- Location: 38 Commonwealth Avenue
- Phone: (617) 552-3430
- Provides "how-to" career skills and career information for students and staff.
- Services include SIGI (a computer guidance system) and the Career Resource Library.
Women's Resource Center
- Location: McElroy Commons 213
- Phone: (617) 552-3489
- Open to all.
- The Center offers lectures, workshops, and discussions on women's issues.
- Resources library available.
- Location: McElroy Commons 215 (next to Eagle's Nest)
- Phone: (617) 552-3475
- Provides counseling, spiritual direction, prayer and study groups, retreats, and a monthly women's prayer group.
- Call for further information.
McMullen Museum of Art
- Location: Devlin Hall
- ArtsLine Phone: (617) 552-8100
- Hours: Monday–Friday, 11:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.; and Saturday and Sunday, 12:00 noon–5:00 p.m. during the academic year.
- Call for current exhibitions, lecture series and related events.
Eagle Bucks and Dining Bucks
- Location: Student Services, Lyons Hall
- Phone: (617) 552-3533
- A minimum deposit of $20 may be deposited on to your BCID electronically through Agora.
- Dining Bucks offers a 10% point-of-sale discount when you make a purchase at qualifying on-campus dining locations. You'll receive an additional 10% discount on purchases made with Dining Bucks before 9:00 a.m. and from 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Eagle Bucks allow you to use your BCID for purchases both on and off campus. There are no discounts associated with Eagle Bucks.
- More information about Eagle Bucks and Dining Bucks: www.bc.edu/eagleonecard