boston college human resources department
The Human Resources Department is structured to provide a full array of personnel services to support the University's mission and values and is comprised of the following areas: Benefits, Children's Center, Compensation, Employment, Employee Development, Employee Relations, Faculty/Staff Assistance Program, HR Service Center, and the Office for Institutional Diversity. Each of these areas strives to foster a work force dedicated to performance excellence, mutual respect, diversity, and the well-being of all members of the community in the Catholic, Jesuit tradition by establishing personnel policies and practices that are competitive, fair, and understandable.
CUSTOMER SERVICE TENETS
- Each of us is responsible for promoting a positive image of Human Resources and Boston College.
- We measure our success by how well we provide service to our most challenging customers.
- We provide the best service to customers by showing respect for, and cooperating with, our Human Resources colleagues.
- We make a personal connection with our customers by taking ownership of their issue with a positive attitude. Remember: we often create the first impression.
- We listen for what the customer needs and always answer questions accurately and quickly. If we don't know the answer, we seek out the information and get back to the customer in a timely manner.
- We follow up on actions taken for a customer to ensure positive results and keep the customer apprised of our progress.
If a customer has incorrect information, we help the customer understand the issue and the reason behind our answer in a professional manner.
- We do our best to resolve the problem for the customer by making a judgment call if we have the authorization to provide a solution or contacting the appropriate supervisor for guidance.
- We are aware of visitors who may need assistance and ask if they need help.
- We welcome our customers' feedback and will incorporate their suggestions where appropriate.