For BC students, faculty, and staff
Microsoft Office is a suite of productivity software used widely in both educational and business environments. Microsoft Office includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (email and calendaring software).
You can also use Office 365 Education, which is a collection of services that allows you to collaborate and share your work online. Learn more about Office 365 Education at BC.
- Office 2004 and Office 2003 are not compatible with newer versions and are not recommended at BC. Please upgrade to a more recent version below.
- Microsoft no longer supports Office XP. ITS recommends you upgrade to the latest version.
Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac & Windows were commercially released in September 2015. All BC students, faculty, and staff may install one copy of Office for personal use. Do not duplicate or replicate downloaded software.
Note: Mac & Windows computers deployed through the BCCR Program have Office 2016 installed on them.
- Download Microsoft Office 2016 for Windows (32-bit) (BC sign-in required)
Note: The 32-bit version should meet the needs of most people. Learn reasons to use the 64-bit version. If you need the 64-bit version, download Microsoft Office 2016 for Windows (64-bit) (BC sign-in required).
- Download Microsoft Office 2016 for macOS Catalina 10.15 & below (BC sign-in required)
Note: If you get a message stating that the software is from an unidentified developer, right-click (control-click) on the installer file and select Open to continue with the install. Learn more about this message.
Microsoft Office 2013 for Windows was commercially released in January 2013. All BC students, faculty, and staff may install one copy of Office for personal use. Do not duplicate or replicate downloaded software.
- Download Microsoft Office 2013 for Windows (BC sign-in required)
think-cell is a Microsoft Office add-in that integrates seamlessly with PowerPoint and helps you visualize complex charts in minutes. Free licenses of think-cell are available for Boston College students, researchers, and staff for educational or non-commercial purposes only. Do not duplicate or replicate downloaded software.
- Get the think-cell license authorization code (coming soon... BC sign-in required), then use your BC email address to download think-cell software (Mac & Windows)
- Learn more about think-cell.
Write-N-Cite adds an abbreviated version of RefWorks in your word processor to display author, title, and year only. With this utility you can cite references in a manuscript with the click of a button. Do not duplicate or replicate downloaded software.