Retired Faculty Grants
A limited amount of funds has been made available by the Provost’s Office for the purpose of providing grants for projects undertaken by members of the Boston College Association of Retired Faculty.
Grants will support travel and expenses for research, lectures, conferences, education, publishing, volunteer work, or other significant activities carried out directly by the applicant. Normally a grant will be from $100 to $1,000 per person. A committee appointed by the Executive Committee of the Boston College Association of Retired Faculty will review all applications and make the awards.
Applications should include the following:
· Cover sheet
· Description of proposed project (two pages maximum)
· Objectives for the proposed work and its significance
· Relationship of proposed project objectives to your longer term goals
· Relationship to other work by you or others
· Proposed budget (one page maximum)
· Summary CV
Criteria of selection:
The merit of the proposal as judged by the reviewers will be the primary criterion. In addition, priority will be given to proposals that will:
· Assist retired faculty members to sustain or redirect their careers in the areas of research, education or service or to make significant progress on important projects
· Likely produce significant results
· Assist in bringing existing projects to a successful conclusion
· Reflect favorably on the University and its community of retirees.
Timing of proposal and award:
Proposals should be submitted to the President of the Boston College Association of Retired Faculty no later than April 25. Awards will be announced the middle of May.
Address proposals to: President of BCARF, Paul Spagnoli (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Expense report receipts should be retained and submitted, up to the amount of the grant, to: Center for Centers, Fiscal and Events Specialist, 10 Stone Ave, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467. Receipts should be submitted within 1 month of when the expense occurred, and in any event by April 15th. In submitting expenses, original receipts and a BC expense form must be submitted: see
and select the “Non-BC Employee Form.”