Middle Eastern Employees and Allies (MEEA)
Of Boston College
The Middle Eastern Employees and Allies (MEEA) affinity group promotes the welfare and interests of Boston College’s Middle Eastern employees by advocating for and supporting the professional development of the BC Middle Eastern community, and by educating the larger BC community about Middle Eastern culture and current events. MEEA is dedicated to celebrating the diversity of BC’s campus, inspiring unity in the Middle Eastern community, and inviting non Middle Eastern employees to share in the life of this part of our BC community.
Our goals are to:
- Provide a support system on campus for faculty and staff that identify as Middle Eastern or those who are interested in learning more about the culture and community.
- Help with Middle Eastern employee retention, upward mobility, and ways to navigate campus.
- Provide an avenue for members to discuss current events affecting the Middle East, while educating the campus community on Middle Eastern history, culture, and topics of interest.
- Represent a traditionally under-represented Middle Eastern community on campus.
- Create a more inclusive and supportive environment at BC.
Stay tuned for 2018-2019 events.
Email co-chairs to be added to social outing list-serves.
Contact the Co-Chairs:
First Year Experince