Growing Faith: Adults in an Evangelizing Church
This course provides guided discussion about the Spring 2010 issue of C21 Resources, a publication of Boston College's Church in the 21st Century Center. This issue, entitled "Growing Faith for an Evangelizing Church," edited by Dr. Jane Regan, contains ten short, informative articles (28 pages) centered on the connection between the growth of faith in adults and the evangelizing mission of the Church.
The issue "Growing Faith for an Evangelizing Church" is a companion to the Fall 2009 C21 Resources issue "Growing Faith for a Vibrant Church." See the companion course .
Check the course schedule for future offerings of this course.
Week 1: Considerations about an Evangelizing Church: Chracteristics, Connection to Growth of Adult Faith, Why Catholics Do Not Share Faith, Returning Catholics
Week 2: Addressing Different Times of Adulthood: Early Adult, Second Half of Life, Twilight Time
This course includes:
- Reading 28 pages of material by 9 different authors;
- Weekly questions for reflection and discussion;
- A weekly introduction and study guide; and
- A regularly updated Resources page to use for further study.
All Crossroads courses include these features:
- Participants have access 24 hours/7 days a week to the course's password-protected web site.
- Each participant belongs to a small Community for Conversation and faith sharing guided by a facilitator.
- The course site is usually available to participants at least three months after the course.
- An orientation in how to navigate the web site is always available.
- Technical assistance is easy to contact and prompt in returning a message.
- A Certificate of Active Participation is awarded to those who post at least three messages of substance for each week of content.
Additional Materials Needed
Everything you need for this course is provided on the course web site. View this issue of C21 Resources, "Growing Faith for an Evangelizing Church." If you prefer a hard copy of the C21 Resources issue, email The Church in the 21st Century Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A participant can expect to spend an average of approximately 4 hours each week. This commitment includes both the assigned reading and interaction online.
The articles were written by various scholars under the editorship of Dr. Jane Regan, associate professor of theology and religious education, Boston College School of Theology and Ministry.