Zhuoxin (Allen) Li
assistant professor - information systems department
M.S., Ph.D., University of Texas at Austin
M.S., Harbin Institute of Technology
B.E., South China University of Technology
- Dr. Li studies the economics of information and digital innovation, with a focus on emerging issues related to digital platforms and network-based businesses. His ongoing research investigates information and digital strategies in platform and networked economy, crowdfunding and digital entrepreneurship, IT-enabled supply chain and inter-organizational collaboration, and mobile health technologies.
- Dr. Li combines multiple methodologies, including econometric and analytical modeling, Bayesian statistics, randomized experiments and machine learning, to gain insights into different aspects of the problem being studied.
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS AND AWARDS
- NET Institute Summer Research Grant, NET Institute, 2015, 2014
- Best Paper Award Runner-Up, Workshop on Information Technologies and Systems (WITS), 2014
- Doctoral Consortium Fellow, International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), 2014
- Best Student Paper Nomination, INFORMS Conference on Information Systems and Technology (CIST), 2012
- Zhuoxin Li and Ashish Agarwal. 2016. “Platform Integration and Demand Spillovers in Complementary Markets: Evidence from Facebook’s Integration of Instagram”, forthcoming at Management Science.
- Zhuoxin Li, Stephen M. Gilbert and Guoming Lai. 2015. “Supplier Encroachment as an Enhancement or a Hindrance to Nonlinear Pricing”, Production and Operations Management, 24(1), pp. 89-109.
- Zhuoxin Li, Stephen M. Gilbert and Guoming Lai. 2014. “Supplier Encroachment under Asymmetric Information”, Management Science, 60(2), pp. 449-462.