assistant professor - operations management department
Ph.D., Georgia Institute of Technology
M.S., Georgia Institute of Technology
B.S., Middle East Technical University
Dr. Alev's research interests include sustainable operations, extended producer responsibility, product recovery strategies and economics, and healthcare operations.
- Referee at Decision Sciences and Production and Operations Management (POM)
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS AND AWARDS
- Sam Nunn Security Program Fellow, August 2014-May 2015
- Runner up, POMS Sustainable Operations Student Paper Competition, May 2014
- Winner, POMS Sustainable Operations Dissertation Proposal Award, May 2013
- Johnson Fellow, August 2009-August 2011
- Alev, I., V. Agrawal, A. Atasu. 2015. “Extended Producer Responsibility and Secondary Markets.” Under revision at Manufacturing and System Operations Management.
- Alev, I., A. Atasu, Ö. Ergun, L. B. Toktay. 2015. “Extended Producer Responsibility for Pharmaceuticals.” Under revision at Manufacturing and System Operations Management.
- Alev, I., X. Huang, A. Atasu, L. B. Toktay. 2015. “A Case Discussion on Market-Based Extended Producer Responsibility: The Minnesota Electronics Recycling Act.” In preparation.